• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers officials insist Cam Newton's MNF problems totally mental

Darth Biscuit

This rides nearly over boys and girls.

Jerry Richardson, once again, proves he hasn't the slightest clue how to run an nfl franchise.

We are years away from being relevant again. The problems this team has can't be mended in an offseason.

Richardson has a choice to make it seems. It's either Cam or the entire front office and coaching staff. After this garbage (which I'm sure is only to get worse with the upcoming losses headed our way) there is no way you can keep both.

Do I think that much of Cam's problems are mental right now??  Of course they are.  Is he physically hurt?  I am sure he isn't 100%, who is at this point in a season?  Everyone has to play through pain and injuries every week.  Why do I think he is sluggish and appears hurt.  Because he has no faith in the team and his offense right now.  Every hit is one more blow to absorb with mostly poor results to show for it.  If we were winning and the offense was playing great he would still have the pain and injuries but his adrenaline and positive energy would lessen the pain or at least the perception of it.  But that is not happening right now.  Pain is more subjective than people realize.  If you are in a good emotional state you can endure a lot more pain than if you are down and upset.  For example when you hit someone on defense and make a big stop you feel the pain of the hit but because you are pumped up you don't feel it.  On the other hand if you are the one being hit and being stopped it hurts more because you didn't accomplish your goal.

I really don't know if he is hurt seriously or not but I doubt that he would be playing if he were.  This franchise has always taken a conservative approach to injury and hold people out if they thought they were injured at all.  So why would we not do it with our franchise quarterback. Why would we not admit he is injured at this point if he were banged up?  Then opposing players would do what happened earlier where they targeted the injured limb in an attempt to take him out of the game.  Is that what we want.??

We'll lose Cam to a team that cares about winning and setting up a QB for success. He'll go on to be on the best in this generation, and we'll be stuck with some pocket passer game-manager who plays average to slightly above average on a regular basis. We'll hire some no-name replacements for Shula and Rivera and start this whole process over. Kuechly will eventually get tired and want out of here because we'll suck the life out of him too by refusing to give him a secondary that can hold up their end of the defense.

This is our life, folks. Get comfortable, because until the FO can prove to me that this won't happen, this is the reality we are inevitably facing.

Welp

Refuting a report that his quarterback is playing through a right foot ailment, Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera insisted Tuesday that Cam Newton is "not injured."

Newton didn't exactly back his coach's play on Wednesday, acknowledging to reporters that he's playing through pain.

"Hurt is hurt. If you're asking me am I hurt right now? Yeah, I'm hurt," Newton said. "I haven't felt 100 percent in a long time. But is that ... my excuse why we're on a losing streak? No, absolutely not. You ask me a question: Is Cam Newton hurt? Yes, I'm hurt. And that's all honesty. But can I play, yes I can play and I will be playing."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000427410/article/cam-newton-admits-to-playing-hurt-for-panthers?campaign=Facebook_atn_wesseling

Ban me already. Like I said the other night, anyone who believes that Cam Newton isn't REALLY HURT, it's just all in his head, which is causing him to be physically slower before our eyes, and he just needs to get over it and get over the fact that he's been sent out on the field with the worst OL in the history of football and just MAKE IT WORK unlike any other QB would be able to do, is a fuging racist.

Now ban me. I don't give a crap. The truth is the truth. Same slaveowner's mindset. Beat a slave until he can barely move, but he still better be able to do his job. Sack a QB as soon as the ball is snapped, but he better still have a decent QBR.

No one is suggesting that Cam Newton is perfect, but anyone who believes he's just out there "pouting" and trying to get sacked, is a moron, or worse.

Now, goodbye, lol. It was fun.

Not being missed doesn't change the truth of my words! Neither does not wanting to hear it.

I once had a dentist who was like the panther coaches. He was pulling my wisdom tooth and kept telling me that I couldn't feel any pain and it was my imagination. I was like dude if you don't give me another shot, the pain from me punching you in the balls is not going to be in your imagination.

Stupid story I know, but that's what us old guys do, reminisce about the old days and look at boobs..

Archived