• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers officials insist Cam Newton's MNF problems totally mental

Darth Biscuit

Cam apologists are so damn infuriating. Yes, he does not have support around him. But this is not a reason for a professional athlete getting paid as much as he does to snowball the way he does and let his attitude spiral downwards during games.

I love Cam and he is undoubtedly talented, but ask yourself in the last few games if you truthfully think his attitude of "here comes another sack - play over" is truly acceptable?

Its not what we saw last year when he had more protection and yes he's still only 25. But personally I wish I could see him act like a leader and raise the players around him when things aren't going well, rather then become insular and let his attitude spiral which undoubtedly has an impact on the attitude of the rest of the team. This is what I think defines a franchise quarterback, someone who can mask the deficiencies in different areas of the field - its why teams pay these guys so much because they mask the need to pay the weaker areas of the team.

I'm really tired of everyone saying Cam had mental issues or whatever. What I like about Cam is he is taking full responsibility for what is going on out there(even though he is the least of the problems). I do remember a certain Manning throwing his o line under the bus and also cussing out one of his players this year. This kid can't win at all. They judged MJ, Kobe and now Cam. Btw, yahoo writers are terrible

Cam apologists are so damn infuriating. Yes, he does not have support around him. But this is not a reason for a professional athlete getting paid as much as he does to snowball the way he does and let his attitude spiral downwards during games.

I love Cam and he is undoubtedly talented, but ask yourself in the last few games if you truthfully think his attitude of "here comes another sack - play over" is truly acceptable?

Its not what we saw last year when he had more protection and yes he's still only 25. But personally I wish I could see him act like a leader and raise the players around him when things aren't going well, rather then become insular and let his attitude spiral which undoubtedly has an impact on the attitude of the rest of the team. This is what I think defines a franchise quarterback, someone who can mask the deficiencies in different areas of the field - its why teams pay these guys so much because they mask the need to pay the weaker areas of the team.

In one breath you admit "he does not have support around him", yet in another question why he can't "raise the players around him".

You literally make no sense, and also lose credibility when the only thing you can come up with is "well, those darn Cam apologists...."

Newton obviously needs to play better, but at this point, all of our players look to simply be going through the motions. You question where Newton's leadership is, but what about our other players? It is a team sport, and at this point it looks like the coaches have lost the players.

WHY THE F*** IS OUR ORGANIZATION GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SH*T ON CAM?

I just don't understand...  He's already getting beat to a pulp every week because you didn't care about him or respect him enough to get him an NFL-caliber offensive line or WR unit.  Now, regardless of whether he's sulking (which I would be too), or if he is just battered, you're going the extra mile not to protect him in the media like you should, but to completely trash him and blame him for all of the aforementioned problems. 

No wonder we can't string together winning seasons...  Our franchise is run by incompetent morons with a penchant for losing.

I really hope Cam comes back next season...  The more stuff that is said and the more games that are played, the more I feel like Gettleman set him up.  I don't know the motivation or all of the how and why, but it just seems too coincidental.  And if Cam leaves this franchise, I won't ever turn my back on my hometeams, so I may just lose interest in the NFL altogether.

In one breath you admit "he does not have support around him", yet in another question why he can't "raise the players around him".

You literally make no sense, and also lose credibility when you only thing you can come up with is "well, those darn Cam apologists...."

Newton obviously needs to play better, but at this point, all of our players look to simply be going through the motions. You question where Newton's leadership is, but what about our other players? It is a team sport, and at this point it looks like the coaches have lost the players.

It's called making a balanced argument instead of shouting troll whenever anyone suggests Cam needs to show leadership and attempt to raise the players around him.

You know why manning and Rodgers are the most respected QBS in the league? Because they raise the level of play of their receivers and oline through coaching and direction during the game. Why is Brady such a winner? Because regardless of who is on the field with him and how bad their performing, he will NOT lose.

Yes - he's not a 10 year vet, but is it too much to ask to see some of these qualities in his 4th year? Instead of this current implosion during adversity?

It's called making a balanced argument instead of shouting troll whenever anyone suggests Cam needs to show leadership and attempt to raise the players around him.

You know why manning and Rodgers are the most respected QBS in the league? Because they raise the level of play of their receivers and oline through coaching and direction during the game. Why is Brady such a winner? Because regardless of who is on the field with him and how bad their performing, he will NOT lose.

Yes - he's not a 10 year vet, but is it too much to ask to see some of these qualities in his 4th year? Instead of this current implosion during adversity?

Weren't you just basically shouting troll? Pot meet kettle.

Well they've also been in the league like a combined 25 years, so there's that, and let's not act like Rodgers and Manning are playing with scrubs out there. Rodgers and Manning didn't have their entire WR corps gutted, nor are they depending on a rookie WR to carry that unit.

Both of those quarterbacks have a very talented WR group, and one key factor, speed. Which we basically have none of.

If you want to have a rational conversation about this, I am in. I have not been thrilled with what I have seen from Cam. I know he's better than that. But I'm not going to go on a tangent calling him out, nor am I for any other individual players either. Our entire team needs to improve.

And yet the excuse for Luke being nothing special this year is "Oh. Well, can't blame him, the DL sucks."

I really don't even care anymore. When Cam moves on, hopefully he chooses a good offensive system that is already in place and a coach that's not just a DC. Wish the best the luck to him

Meanwhile we'll tank on purpose for the next couple years to hopefully get a number 1 pick and hope that he works out

All while still having this same coaching staff in place

I might just stop rooting for the Panthers until JR is gone if that happens. That means this organization ran off our greatest panther of all-time Steve Smith in a foul way, along with Newton in a matter of 4 years. Can't and won't accept that 

Archived