• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Boards

stirs

If we end up drafting in the top 10 we need to do two things:

A. Take BPA regardless of position with exception to linebacker..we suck everywhere.

B. Nail free agency. Hardy will be off the books...go after a capable DE like JPP, Avril. Someone who will get the job done but won't absolutely break the bank. Also...one guy to keep an eye on is Andre Smith's backup at Cincy. Marshall Newhouse has been excellent at LT. He is gonna get a contract from someone. I think he could be an upgrade for us at that position. He would probably be a 5 year 25 million type of contract.

If things fell our way you could be looking at Cooper in the first with Newhouse and a guy like JPP in FA. Hopefully....

So what you're saying is to take a Rd 2 OT in the top 5 rather than the top Safety?  I disagree.

I get this, but here's my problem:

Let's say you're able to quantify impact in terms of games won. The Tackle may be considered just pretty good compared to his peers at his position and make the team 3 games better, while the Safety could be considered much more highly among his peers at his position and make the team 2 games better. Wouldn't you rather have the Tackle? The Tackle also protects the most valuable single player on the team, while the Safety still relies heavily on the players in front of him. If you have to take the guy in the first round to get him, then he's a first round prospect. People were ripping on some of the Cowboys' picks the past few years, but look how that line turned out because they invested first-round picks and said to hell with the talking heads.

Honestly, I think he's a RT in the NFL.  Probably a very good one, but I don't want a RT at #8 overall.

Nope.  If true, then I agree.  While I'm a big fan of heart and technique which he seems to have, barring the miracle (ie winning the division), it's LT or bust in the top 10.  I said the same about Ogbuehi.  Would take in the 20's as a RT, not top 10 if not a LT.   

Archived