• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR or OT

SgtJoo

If we were to win the division, and a win at NO would put us right back in the mix, then I can see letting the chips fall where they may, take BPA, etc., etc.

Back in reality, today sealed it, it has to be OT since we are picking in the top 10, it just has to be.  19 of 32 teams had a first rounder at LT on opening day this year.  Only 3 started an UDFA (Bell, Peters (Eagles), Penn (Raiders)).  The currency for a LT is a first round pick.  Risky or not, it must be done, and it must be done now.  It can't possibly be worse. 

Other positions are simply more easily attainable than OT as there are simply more 6'0-6'5, 180-230 pound human beings than 6'5-6'9, 290-350 pound human beings, pure and simple. 

Dude! Our season is over. Look how the Vikes just trashed us today. And NOs killed us when they last played us. We haven't got better since the last time we played the Saints. We got worse. I know you want to have hope and all. But the Saints are good at home. If we couldn't beat them in Carolina. What gives you the idea we can even win at their home? Mind as well face it. This game pretty much sealed our season. Unless we get awful lucky in the next 4 weeks. Our season is all ready done. These players have pretty much given up on Ron and his staff and Ron could be fired in 4 weeks. So don't count us winning. I'm just been honest.

I have no idea how the Panthers will position their draft board but i hope they go the best player available, when it's their turn to pick. I still have faith that Gettleman knows talent and believe the players he targets in free agency will help determine who we select in the first and following rounds..

That's because DG does know talent. Look what happen to the Giants once DG came to Carolina. Giants talent when down. DG is one of the best scouts in the league. The guy has been on and help winning SB teams for years. The guy has been our GM for only 2 years. He has had work will little cap. Now that we are almost of cap hell. One more year to go. DG will have money work with in FA and get better plays. Just trust the man.

I think you have to take Cooper.  He's too good.  He makes the rest of the team better.  As far as OL, recently there have been a lot more 'whiffs' than hits regarding early tackles.  That's kind of scary.  I think a new coaching staff will want to get Newton weapons, and Cooper is a HUGE one.

Honestly, finding some middle of the road FAs and mid round tackles would be better than what we have...

Kind of sad huh?

Archived