• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR or OT

SgtJoo

Posted in another thread, but applies here: 

The bright side now that this season is officially in the toilet? We will be adding a major talent on either the offensive line or a stud playmaker for Cam. We will most likely be picking top 5 and should have a good shot at either Amari Cooper, Andrus Peat, or Brandon Scherff.

With Peat or Scherff, the line next season would probably look like:

Peat or Scherff/Norwell/Kalil/Turner/Bell 

which would be an exponential upgrade over this season's line IMO.

Or if we take Cooper, can you imagine Cooper and Benjamin outside the numbers, Philly in the slot, and Olsen patrolling the middle with an actual NFL caliber OC? 

And even if the stud ex-QB offensive playmakers are somehow picked ahead of us, there's great defensive line talent in Leonard Williams, Randy Gregory, or Shane Ray (personally I would advocate a trade down if those 3 offensive players I mentioned are gone by the time we pick, but still, good talent available).

Kevin White or Cooper. You don't pass on a potentially elite player to take a need. Especially as high as we'll be drafting. I question whether any of the OT in this class are elite. 

I'd go with either Cooper or Collins, and I'd rather have Collins. Collins fits a need and is a potentially elite player. I would be upset if we took a OT first. We'll have enough cap space with Hardy off the books to sign actually serviceable tackles and can draft some in the 2nd/3rd/4th.

Archived