• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Wallace said Cam Newton will never be a franchise qb

Ruff

Cam has already proven he belongs.

If the point is he will never be as good as Manning or Brady than that might be true.

But he has proven he is a QB that we can win with and when healthy is a dynamic playmaker.

He is not yet, and may never get to the point that he is the guy you can throw out there with just about anyone and expect him to carry the team every single week.

But he also isn't a dime a dozen QB. He has immense talent. With the right coordinator and supporting cast he can be a great player.

He is still developing. But he is a guy we can win with, and win big right now IMO.

It is important to bring in a new offensive staff, as it has become clear they have brought him along as far as they can take him. Time for a new set of eyes.

When we start winning these clowns calling for DA will delete all of these posts and claim to have never doubted Cam or the franchise

How about this. We surround Cam with players that were drafted and not on practice squads, then evaluate! Saying he sucks is just wishful thinking considering the numbers he has put up the last three years

We're not saying he sucks. He just isn't as good as you all make him out to be and definitely isn't worth $100+ mil, especially with how inconsistent he is.

Umm.... we've been sucking WITH Cam the majority of his career here. 6-10, 7-9, 12-4, and now 3-8-1. That's not exactly what you call winning.

ummm....look at the talent around him. i don't understand what you don't understand, no quarterback can survive behind an awful offensive line. his offensive line has been like musical chairs with new players at new spots each week. lets just take a look at the starting offensive line out of training camp:

LT: Byron Bell-An undrafted free agent out of New Mexico. Not a power 5 conference school, but New Mexico. He was switched over to left tackle after being below average at right tackle.

LG: Amini Silatolu-2nd round pick out of a division 2 school

C: Ryan Kalil-A good player

RG: Trai Turner-3rd round rookie who I believe was the youngest player in the league. he may have potential but that is a lot to ask out of such a young man.

RT: Nate Chandler-an undrafted free agent Tight End out of UCLA. Not only was he a tight end but he switched over to defensive tackle before finally converting into an offensive lineman.

Some notable backups that have also "protected" Cam this year:

David Foucault-Guy played for a team located in Montreal last year

Andrew Norwell-Another undrafted free agent rookie

Fernando Velasco-Undrafted player who was cut by another team

Chris Scott-5th round pick journeyman

That is an embarrassing group of players. If you paid attention and watched games, which I highly doubt you do since you somehow believe Cam is the root of our issues, they usually show a stat of the most hit QB over the past couple of seasons. Cam Newton is by far and away the number 1 player on that list. This team does not give him a chance. They started the season with Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, Jerricho Cotchery, and Jason Avant as his "weapons". That is the slowest group of weapons in the league. Not to mention they pretty much stripped him of his entire 12-4 offense last year and he missed most of training camp recovering from injuries, so he never had a chance to gel with the new offense. 

You want to say we have been sucking ever since Cam got here, well then your clueless. You throw out records at me of 6-10, 7-9, and 12-4. The only thing I see there is improvements 3 years in a row. This isn't the same situation as the colts and andrew luck. The colts were in the playoffs every year before the year Manning got hurt. The Colts tanked that season for the number 1 pick and brought Luck into a pretty decent situation. The Panthers had not been to the playoffs since 2008 and were coming off a year where they were by far the worst team in football and Jerry gutted the roster for the lockout.

I could understand a fan base like the Packers or Steelers bitching about Cam because they have a rich tradition of quarterbacks. But Panthers fans complaining about Cam is comical. If you think Cam is the issue then your not paying attention or don't know what you are talking  about, it is that simple. The only fan base in the world where they finally find their franchise quarterback and want to go back to the Kerry Collins, Frank Reich, Steve Beureline, Chris Weinke, Randy Fasani, Matt Lytle, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Moore, David Carr, Jimmy Clausen, Brian St. Pierre days.

I also want some people to understand Al wallace changes his opinion like a women changes purses....

He didn't make this opinion known last year when Cam and the team was playing well.

Also Brenton Buckner who is a actual Coach in the NFL thinks Cam is a franchise QB..

This isThe only fan base in the world where they finally find their franchise quarterback and want to go back to the Kerry Collins, Frank Reich, Steve Beureline, Chris Weinke, Randy Fasani, Matt Lytle, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Moore, David Carr, Jimmy Clausen, Brian St. Pierre days.

Well, not Peete.

lol umm, considering I joined in the offseason, of course I'm not going to have a post history.

Well ummmmmm.... Your Opinion matters what.??????

And it's funny how you think you're a real fan.....and you just join the Huddle..

Im about to quit coming to the huddle after reading some of these posts. If you can't realize what utter dog sh*t we have surrounded Cam with well I just don't know what else to say to you guys other than you are a bunch of dumb ass*s. I hope Cam does leave and goes onto becomming the HOF Qb he was meant to be without the three stooges calling the shots. I've completely lost faith in this fan base.

Archived