• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Manhunt on 485 and Ballantyne?

JccOldTime23

I just had a nice dinner with my fiancé and on our way home we witnessed what appears to be a manhunt going on. Police have traffic on 485 stopped and they seem to be patrolling all the neighborhoods along Ballantyne Commons. Google hasn't yielded much. Does anyone know what's going on?

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-investigate-crash-i-485-and-rea-rd/njbcs/

It was hit-and-run on 485 which turned into mahunt.

That's a first time I hear that hit-and-run turned into all out manhunt...

Police need something to do with all their fun SWAT gear and military toys.

Funny story about something that happened where I live. Was coming home and saw at least half a dozen cop cars in the parking lot outside these apartments, along with an ambulance and one of those big square police/SWAT vans. Tons of officers, one group of them even had on riot gear along with those guns that shoot bean bags. My friend even commented that it looked like a freaking standoff / hostage situation.

So what was it over? We found out later that two 20 something guys got into a little scuffle and someone saw it and called the cops just to see if they could come check it out. Just a minor fist fight, no weapons, no real serious injuries even. One of those situations where police or ambulance aren't even really necessary.

Archived