• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson

CCU Norman

Buffalo actually has a good offense and their defense well they might be the best next year. If they had a quality qb like DA they definitely would have made the playoffs. The only reason why he might not want to play there is that it is cold. I do like him as the back up but if some one offers a 3rd we would pull the trigger on the deal. It just depends on who is going to coach where next season

If we didn't have Anderson this year, we're not beating Tampa twice, no matter how shotty there were. We don't beat Tampa twice, we're not talking about Saturday's game.

Because beating the worst team in the league was such a task. So hard that only 14/16 teams did it.

We could draft Jeff driskel and he could run the same system as cam. I know he sucks but he has all the tools to be good. Just have to trust our Training staff to get him on the right level. Plus the other qbs. Who might fit the system.

You lost me here, Driskel may be one of the worst QB's I have ever seen play. Derek Anderson looks fine when he has to play and obviously we have done fine converting to a traditional offense when he is in. Having a back up who can manage the game, complete passes, and not blow a game is what you need, not developmental question marks.

I agree, however we didn't have a healthy Cam. We were fortunate to have a DA. Had we had a Jimmy or a Lindley, we wouldn't be in the playoffs...that was the point.

Jimmy played pretty good in his one start for the Bears this year. And Lindley is probably the worst starting QB ever. Doesn't have to be to that extremes a serviceable QB beats the bucs and that's all DA is nothing more.

Why are you so low on derek. I don't mean disrespect. I just want to hear your reasoning

Because I actually watched him play when he was a full time starter and he was one of if not the worst QB in the league at the time he was garbage. Take away his games against the bucs this year and he has more career interceptions than tds. FYI that ain't good. I'm fine with him as a backup tho.

Jimmy played pretty good in his one start for the Bears this year. And Lindley is probably the worst starting QB ever. Doesn't have to be to that extremes a serviceable QB beats the bucs and that's all DA is nothing more.

Not saying DA is the second coming, but I'd argue he's a bit more than serviceable, and a few teams would probably take him as their starter.  I don't think we beat TB twice with Joe Webb as our QB, do you?  All I'm saying is no DA=no playoffs this year. 

Archived