• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson

CCU Norman

I thought of the possibility that we trade DA for a 3rd round pick. He is a game manager quatetback. He could easily go to Chicago and thrive in that offense. He could also go to another team that has qb needs (I pray he will never go to the jets). He won both games he started for us this year and you won't find a qb with a better win percentage than him. He is on a reasonable contract and if we have the leverage might even get a second rounder. I know he has great chemistry here. The question I'm asking is would you want him to be our back up or trade him for a pick and get a new back up?

Never underestimate the value of a good cheap back up QB. Gotta keep him around.

The thing is though, cam is a huge tank. He rarely gets hurt. Other than this season he hadn't missed a game. We could get a key wide receiver with that pick. We could also draft a a qb on day 3 and develop him. Fit the system of cam better. Like running the ball quarterback. Brett Hundley (I know we won't get him but it's an example so bear with me).

How many other QBs are really considered starters in the 2015 NFL draft outside the top two.  In QB heavier drafts, yeah...you won't get much, but in years where the QB position is weak in the draft and teams desperate for a starter you might find a sucker. 

This.

Some of you live in a fairytale world

If the bears gave Jay cutler a 100 million dollar contract. They would definitely be desperate and maybe stupid to get a relatively cheap qb for a 2nd round pick. Personally I think it all depends who the coaches will be for all the new teams before I can make a more accurate prediction of what we could get in return.

Archived