• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Anderson

CCU Norman

Not quite sure ai agree 100%, where DA lacks in his running "playmaking" ability he more than makes up for it with his superb passing efficiency, I watch a lot of NFL football and the way DA played WB in his two games for us is pretty much as perfect as it gets for QB play, make fun of me all you want but he looked manning like in those two games.

Was it against a bad team? Yes, but Bucs D isn't a slouch. He was very efficient from the pocket, he had a tremendous deep ball and he played flawlessly from the pocket.

No way you can deny DA has much better touch and accuracy on his deep balls. Yes Cam is a wild card because of his legs, I give you that, but if you came to me and asked to pick a QB and the catch was none of them could use their legs whatsoever and could only pass from the pocket, I'm sorry, I just trust DA more as a pure passing QB

Who was that guy a couple of years ago that always had a negative statistical spin on Newton even during his rookie year. Always had something negative to say, and would blame Newton for loses even when the defense gave up 40 points. He was obsessed with Moore and felt as though he didn't get his fair opportunity at the Panther's starting gig...

Grits or something like that...

This has got to be that guy.

Who was that guy a couple of years ago that always had a negative statistical spin on Newton even during his rookie year. Always had something negative to say, and would blame Newton for loses even when the defense gave up 40 points. He was obsessed with Moore and felt as though he didn't get his fair opportunity at the Panther's starting gig...

Grits or something like that...

This has got to be that guy.

Makes me think that cam should play defense when the other team puts up 40. Haha just kidding. I wonder what other positions cam could play. Might be a linebacker big strong and fast. Wonder what that would be like

I thought of the possibility that we trade DA for a 3rd round pick. He is a game manager quatetback. He could easily go to Chicago and thrive in that offense. He could also go to another team that has qb needs (I pray he will never go to the jets). He won both games he started for us this year and you won't find a qb with a better win percentage than him. He is on a reasonable contract and if we have the leverage might even get a second rounder. I know he has great chemistry here. The question I'm asking is would you want him to be our back up or trade him for a pick and get a new back up?

In a word or three, no fuging way.

This might be a realistic possibility had Cam missed a few games an DA won those games to get us where we are. Worse QBs have been given lots of money by teams desperate for a QBS. Matt Flynn comes to mind.

Don't forget about Rich Gannon. He bounced around the league a lot before being MVP of the league with the Raiders

Archived