• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Russell Wilson a better quarterback than Cam Newton? - Seattle Times

Car123

so if Cam is so much of a better QB than Wilson...then why is Wilson the winningest QB in his first 3 seasons?  Why is he the only QB to run for a 100 and throw for 300 in the same game?

not trying to stir the pot...just trying to get some perspective from an other teamer!

Because teams that end up drafting a QB with the 1st pick in the 1st round generally suck in a whole lot more areas than teams who can draft a QB in the 3rd. 

Wilson gets labeled as a tireless worker with high football IQ. I don't see it. I see a guy that can't fit the ball into windows so he starts running around in circles until the defense leaves a receiver wide open.

You ever have a friend do that in madden? They can't hit guys in stride so they run around like idiots and try to complete a pass when the receivers come back to the ball.

His 5'11" frame is a gift in that he can change directions much faster than the lineman. Cam has to break tackles and lose his momentum which gets him piled on.

Wilson does do a lot of things well. He's a terrific player. But his squeaky clean image in a myth. There are stories about him in Raleigh and even rifts in his own locker room

As far as Cam is concerned. I feel like we are wasting his youth. He should be learning to pass in a passing offense. Shula might be helping him off the field but on it there isn't a clear progression from his rookie year to present. His running ability is diminishing via injury and his passing game is not improving.

I can't speak to his time in Raleigh, but the "rift" in the locker room was more about Harvin spreading discord than about Wilson. The one thing that was reported where Wilson bore some blame for locker room issues was that there were apparently some folks who felt he didn't spend enough time with his teammates. He was spending time in the QB room/film study, doing whatever endorsement deals he was doing, visiting the Children's Hospital, or with his family. So to some of the other position groups, he might have been coming off as aloof or not invested in them. While that is definitely an issue (and one that has reportedly been addressed), I don't think it's evidence of his image being a myth. I think it just meant he was a bit too self-absorbed and not focused enough on team chemistry.

Yeah adding a qualifying statement doesn't negate the bullshit. For example any sentence that starts with a qualifier isn't ending well:

No offense but....

No to be sexiest or anything....

I'm not saying it's cause he's black...

I am not a......... Because...........

so if Cam is so much of a better QB than Wilson...then why is Wilson the winningest QB in his first 3 seasons? Why is he the only QB to run for a 100 and throw for 300 in the same game?

not trying to stir the pot...just trying to get some perspective from an other teamer!

Gosh, I don't know Hawk, maybe the teams are constructed differently?

You really going to attribute Marshawn Lynch and the defense to Wilson?

And are you really going to attribute the defense Cam inherited and the offensive line and the running attack to Cam?

You've been here long enough to know these answers. You're fuggin with us is what you're doing. Has to be.

Wilson has done it with off-the-charts efficiency, good production and the savvy to play within the system of a team that was ready-made and lacking only a quarterback when he arrived.

This is the most positive way of saying GAME MANAGER I've ever heard. At least they can recognize it.

Archived