• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would Ereck Flowers be a reach at 25?

Galvatron

Todd McShay is mocking that we'd take him in the draft... What say people who know more than me?

25) - Ereck Flowers - Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

Class: Jr

HT: 6-6

WT: 325

POS: OT

Analysis: Flowers has a really good combination of size (6-6, 325 pounds), strength, agility and toughness, possesses great football character and has played both right tackle and left tackle for the Hurricanes the past two seasons. He needs to get better with his hand placement and pad level, but his weaknesses that show up on tape are all correctable. He's a guy who has improved throughout his career and has the upside to continue to do so.

The one thing Gettleman has taught us is that he will take the highest rated guy on his board. Flowers is huge and played both LT and RT at Miami. Dave views LT as a need based on Voth's interview. So, if Dave has Flowers rated high and he's on the board at 25 and there is no other player sitting there that Dave has rated higher, then it's not a reach.

The one thing Gettleman has taught us is that he will take the highest rated guy on his board. Flowers is huge and played both LT and RT at Miami. Dave views LT as a need based on Voth's interview. So, if Dave has Flowers rated high and he's on the board at 25 and there is no other player sitting there that Dave has rated higher, then it's not a reach.

For some reason I feel like we won't take a tackle in the first, my gut tells me well have a veteran starting at LT this year

From a fan's perspective, how would you feel about this o-line in August 2015

LT - Flowers 6'6" 325lbs

LG - Norwell 6'6" 310lbs

C - Kalil 6'2" 300lbs

RG - Turner 6'3" 320lbs

RT - Remmers 6'5" 300lbs

That's pretty intimidating, even from just the measurables perspective. Kalil would be the "shrimpiest" and I'm good with that.

From a fan's perspective, how would you feel about this o-line in August 2015

LT - Flowers 6'6" 325lbs

LG - Norwell 6'6" 310lbs

C - Kalil 6'2" 300lbs

RG - Turner 6'3" 320lbs

RT - Remmers 6'5" 300lbs

I'd be very very nervous. 

Archived