• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Up with Cam Newton

The Huddler

I understand this series has been posted and brought up here before..

But to those who hasbt seen it or who has only seen bits a pieces, i figured id bring it to the forefront while we are literally in the NFL dulldrums.

This was more aimed toward the lurkers. I could care less about those who dislike Cam. Its all good. But this is to those who appreciate him

I understand this series has been posted and brought up here before..

But to those who hasbt seen it or who has only seen bits a pieces, i figured id bring it to the forefront while we are literally in the NFL dulldrums.

This was more aimed toward the lurkers. I could care less about those who dislike Cam. Its all good. But this is to those who appreciate him

Twas a good post, broseph

Heres a bump

posted on a Sunday with low traffic. Figured id give a chance for the lurkers who waste time at work to see. it really is a cool series and every panther fan should tune in. bored? nothing else going on? heres one solution

this is the only bump ill give

have a good week folks

Heres a bump

posted on a Sunday with low traffic. Figured id give a chance for the lurkers who waste time at work to see. it really is a cool series and every panther fan should tune in. bored? nothing else going on? heres one solution

this is the only bump ill give

have a good week folks

I remember watching these as they were released.  I made my wife watch them to.  She's not much of a football fan, but she is a Panthers fan(by default I guess).  I saw a lot of things I never new about Cam, but it really blew her mind.  All of the extra stuff he does for the community, especially the kids, and all of the hard work he puts in is something.  That's what sold her, because you rarely see that stuff made public.  Good post, and I agree, everyone should see this.  It will make you see Cam in a different way.

Cam is a special athlete and this is more than enough proof that his heart is in this more than his wallet.  I think he can be the greatest QB to ever play, but as impressive as his statistics and awards are, I have not seen the growth I would like to see, but he is still young. This could be due to any number of factors, and we better build around him this spring so we can rally around him this fall.

The same drive that motivates Cam can be his worst enemy.  Yes, he has won championships and yes, he was rookie of the year and went to a pro bowl as a rookie.  Up to that point, everything was easy for Cam in a sense.  He needed some adversity to help round him as a player.  Now, as you mention, he has battled adversity as an NFL QB, perhaps for the first time.  Injuries, turnover, etc.  I will say that the 2 games he sat on the sideline this year might have been the best thing for him because he could actually watch a game he was not in. 

I want to see him lead when the team is down by 14.  I want to see him fix his mechanical issues.  When I mention these things, I tend to get blasted.  What do you think is keeping him from being a top 3 QB in this league?  Is Peyton Manning a better athlete with a stronger arm than Cam?  Is Brady?  Heck no.  Trust me when I say that Cam needs to see the game from the eyes of the teammates who are counting on him to lead them.  He needs to trust his pocket (maybe this will change) enough to step into throws.  He needs to be consistent and not ride that emotional roller coaster.  It is OK to be passionate, but the next play is the next play.

That is how Cam becomes as great as he wants to be.  Argue that he is the greatest QB in the world and all the problems fall on the OL, WRs, and OC if you want, and you will be partially right, but every great QB had/has similar problems.  Cam is almost there, but not quite.  I think he is given the tools to turn the corner this year.  I think, if Cam works on his mechanics during the offseason, the Panthers are a Super Bowl team--great defense, great QB, great OL---they have all the parts. 

I think Cam needs to have a better upoorting cast from the top down. OC is garbage and its hard to work on mechanics when he is literally pushed out of the pocket everyplay. He easily had the worst online this season, especially from the tackle position. What QB is going to stand tall and have great mechanics in the pocket when Byron Bell is your LT?

Peyton manning has had unbelievable talent around him his entire career. Once Cam gets some help these issues will be fixed. Cam has shown he can be clutch and win games from behind in his 2013 season, when he had a decent supporting cast.

It still suprises me, as much has cam had to overcome and face last season, The kind of expectations is placed on him by some of you. I guess a lot of you are bottom line guys.. we didnt win a lot of games.. cam struggled. But i feel a lot of you completly ignore the context and circumstances. The challenges and handicaps cam has faced this season were enormous!

I want to see him lead when the team is down by 14.  I want to see him fix his mechanical issues.  When I mention these things, I tend to get blasted.

Please elaborate on how you would like to see him "lead" when the team is "down by 14".

I think Newton has made big strides in being a leader for this team.

The fact that you keep bringing this up like it's still even a question or we somehow went back in time four years ago is why you are getting blasted. Particularly considering the praise about his leadership straight from the players themselves, like Greg Olsen.

Cam is a special athlete and this is more than enough proof that his heart is in this more than his wallet. I think he can be the greatest QB to ever play, but as impressive as his statistics and awards are, I have not seen the growth I would like to see, but he is still young. This could be due to any number of factors, and we better build around him this spring so we can rally around him this fall.

The same drive that motivates Cam can be his worst enemy. Yes, he has won championships and yes, he was rookie of the year and went to a pro bowl as a rookie. Up to that point, everything was easy for Cam in a sense. He needed some adversity to help round him as a player. Now, as you mention, he has battled adversity as an NFL QB, perhaps for the first time. Injuries, turnover, etc. I will say that the 2 games he sat on the sideline this year might have been the best thing for him because he could actually watch a game he was not in.

I want to see him lead when the team is down by 14. I want to see him fix his mechanical issues. When I mention these things, I tend to get blasted. What do you think is keeping him from being a top 3 QB in this league? Is Peyton Manning a better athlete with a stronger arm than Cam? Is Brady? Heck no. Trust me when I say that Cam needs to see the game from the eyes of the teammates who are counting on him to lead them. He needs to trust his pocket (maybe this will change) enough to step into throws. He needs to be consistent and not ride that emotional roller coaster. It is OK to be passionate, but the next play is the next play.

That is how Cam becomes as great as he wants to be. Argue that he is the greatest QB in the world and all the problems fall on the OL, WRs, and OC if you want, and you will be partially right, but every great QB had/has similar problems. Cam is almost there, but not quite. I think he is given the tools to turn the corner this year. I think, if Cam works on his mechanics during the offseason, the Panthers are a Super Bowl team--great defense, great QB, great OL---they have all the parts.

Guess you didn't watch the bears game this year

Archived