• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting a team from scratch

JJman Returns

Who would you pick to start your NBA franchise?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Lebron James
    • Kevin Durant
    • Russell Westbrook
    • Stephen Curry
    • James Harden
    • Anthony Davis
    • Paul George

First Harden, and now Westbrook...

Here's your next #hotsportstake if the Thunder come up short again... "Kevin Durant holds players back from realizing their true potential, should the Thunder keep him?

We all did it for LeBron, but the narrative heel turn of Kevin Durant will be sad and hilarious only because it's so predictable...

Over the next 7 years if I had to make a 15 player all-star team, the team would consist of....

PG: Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard

SG: James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler

SF: Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward

PF: Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love

C: DeMarcus Cousins, Nikola Vucevic, Andre Drummond

Honorable mention to John Wall, Derrick Rose, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Paul George, Andrew Wiggins, Derrick Favors, Greg Monroe, Enes Kanter, and Brook Lopez.

Over the next 7 years if I had to make a 15 player all-star team, the team would consist of....

PG: Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard

SG: James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler

SF: Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward

PF: Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love

C: DeMarcus Cousins, Nikola Vucevic, Andre Drummond

Honorable mention to John Wall, Derrick Rose, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Paul George, Andrew Wiggins, Derrick Favors, Greg Monroe, Enes Kanter, and Brook Lopez.

Blake Griffin? hell no

Also Rudy Gobert > Vucevic 

Blake Griffin? hell no

Also Rudy Gobert > Vucevic

Lol go home you're drunk.

Griffin is only 25 and is consistently a top five power forward in the league. He's a very good defender and when he's on offensively, he's unstoppable.

As for Gobert being better than Vucevic, I'll cut you some slack. But no way in hell is he better. Vucevic has been a top three center in the league this year. His offensive game is 100X times better than Gobert's and he's also a really underrated defender. Not many bigs can go one-on-one with Al Jefferson, Vucevic not only goes one-on-one with Big Al, he dominates him.

It's still LeBron.  The dude will instantly make whatever team he's on a contender.  The goal is to win championships, and LeBron gives you the best immediate shot at that.  He still has a good few years of a window.  The fact that he's polished up his shooting game and post game while adding more size as he got older will make him remain effective for quite a while.  His basketball IQ and passing skills aren't going anywhere either.

AD is obviously the better long term option, but it's huge expectations to ever hope he reaches LeBron's level in his career.  AD is amazing, but LeBron is just a special type of player.

Lol go home you're drunk.

Griffin is only 25 and is consistently a top five power forward in the league. He's a very good defender and when he's on offensively, he's unstoppable.

As for Gobert being better than Vucevic, I'll cut you some slack. But no way in hell is he better. Vucevic has been a top three center in the league this year. His offensive game is 100X times better than Gobert's and he's also a really underrated defender. Not many bigs can go one-on-one with Al Jefferson, Vucevic not only goes one-on-one with Big Al, he dominates him.

Griffin has the most inconsistent jumpshot in the league. He's worthless when not making highlights

Gobert is a fuging monster my man. He's DPOY by far. The guy is 7'2 with a ridiculous 7'9 or so wing span. He is the best rim protector in the league and can dunk on anyone. Give him a post game and he's the best center in the NBA.  The scary thing is he's only 22 years old. Gobert will be a monster. A defensive Yao Ming imo.

Griffin has the most inconsistent jumpshot in the league. He's worthless when not making highlights

Gobert is a fuging monster my man. He's DPOY by far. The guy is 7'2 with a ridiculous 7'9 or so wing span. He is the best rim protector in the league and can dunk on anyone. Give him a post game and he's the best center in the NBA.  The scary thing is he's only 22 years old. Gobert will be a monster. A defensive Yao Ming imo.

Blake Griffin has the most inconsistent jumper in the league? Man, MKG is so under the radar he can't even get props for the things he does poorly!

We will see what Gobert is all about tomorrow night. That said, defending a hobbled Al Jefferson and Bismack Biyombo shouldn't be that difficult.

I just checked, Lance is now 15 of 95 from three. That's an impressive 15.8%.

Gerald Henderson, by comparison, is 34 of 107, good for 31.8%. On that note I'm going to give Hendo some props for slowly improving his 3 point shot. I'm actually pretty comfortable with him taking corner 3's now.

The only way for me to decide is to figure out who has the biggest weaknesses

James-- none, but he's the oldest with only few years left in his prime.

Curry-- before last year had a bit of an injury issue with ankles. How will 3pt shooting translate in playoffs.

Durant -- killer instinct? Does killer instinct even matter or is it overrated?

Westbrook -- selfish? Has the biggest alpha dog mentality but can go too far

Harden -- defense, gets to FT line a lot and refs tend to swallow whistle in playoffs... U guys are severely overrating him tho (he's carried the team without Dwight)

Davis -- too passive? Can he be a dog? Didn't matter for Duncan...

George -- how will he look coming off injury -- can disappear at times.

So from here on out I'll go...

Davis

Westbrook

Curry

James

Durant

Harden

George

Archived