• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm pretty pissed

Jeremy Igo

Two men in a black van tried to strike up a conversation with one of my twins yesterday at their bus stop. Luckily, they were smart enough not to go near them. I've talked to the other parents in the neighborhood and let them know. 

I'll be at their bus stop today, and I have something for them if they try to stop again. 

There is absolutely zero reason why any adults should feel the need to stop their vehicle and try to chit chat with my sons. 

Two men in a black van tried to strike up a conversation with one of my twins yesterday at their bus stop. Luckily, they were smart enough not to go near them. I've talked to the other parents in the neighborhood and let them know.

I'll be at their bus stop today, and I have something for them if they try to stop again.

There is absolutely zero reason why any adults should feel the need to stop their vehicle and try to chit chat with my sons.

Holy poo. That's scary.

That poo is serious. Honestly no one would go talk to little kids. Unless there worried about their safety. I was at the store the other day and I saw a 2 year old boy just wondering around by himself I went behind him just to make sure he found his parents and looked for store employees to inform them. So that's the only reason I can think of. My parents always sat in the car with us waiting for the bus to come with us.

Who the hell stops their vehicle to talk to kids they don't know except for child abducters? Is there any reason anyone can think of? Have you ever had the urge to stop and talk to an 11 year old? 

There are a few perhaps. For example, if they were asking for directions.  What did they talk about with your son?  Don't get me wrong, I agree you have every right to be suspicious.  And in fact, if the conversation itself was suspicious, it might be a good idea to let the police know. 

There are a few perhaps. For example, if they were asking for directions.  What did they talk about with your son?  Don't get me wrong, I agree you have every right to be suspicious.  And in fact, if the conversation itself was suspicious, it might be a good idea to let the police know. 

They complimented him on his skate board, Asked him if he could do tricks, small talk kind of stuff. 

Yeah, the police know. 

I knew instantly just from my son's demeanor that he was weirded out by the men. 

They complimented him on his skate board, Asked him if he could do tricks, small talk kind of stuff.

Yeah, the police know.

I knew instantly just from my son's demeanor that he was weirded out by the men.

best thing to do is be at the bus stop with your kids every morning.

Sometimes I forget my kid isn't with me and I catch myself making goofy faces at other kids to make them laugh....I then realize that my kid isnt with me (who I try and get to belly laugh all the time) and I feel like that parent must think I'm a creep.

Parents worst nightmare. You consider calling the cops also? It would be a shame if something happened to another child. I would call and just give them a heads up of what happened because it's definitely suspicious. 

I remember when I was a kid, I was playing in the front yard and some guy pulled up and tried the old "Can you help me find my dog?" trick. I started to walk towards the car then got a bad feeling and took off to the house.  

Parents worst nightmare. You consider calling the cops also? It would be a shame if something happened to another child. I would call and just give them a heads up of what happened because it's definitely suspicious. 

I remember when I was a kid, I was playing in the front yard and some guy pulled up and tried the old "Can you help me find my dog?" trick. I started to walk towards the car then got a bad feeling and took off to the house.  

Called the cops last night. They are going to "get back to me"

One of the other kids dad is a police lieutenant, I told his wife at the bus stop this morning. I am guessing that will get a more serious response. 

Dude my dog was really lost...

Seriously tho, that sucks, I always worried about that poo with my kids and they were pretty good about stuff like that.

One time my airhead wife left the garage door open with them home alone, they were around 14 and 10 at the time, and my oldest heard something in the garage.  He knew his mom had left so he locked the inside door, and then heard someone trying it... he took his brother upstairs and hid.  When their mom got home, some stuff had been stolen out of the garage...  it only takes one silly mistake for something bad to happen because assholes are out there that don't care anything but themselves.

11 is an age where kids are trying to be independent, but aren't really ready for it yet... I'm glad Zod's boys had the good sense to stay away from those weirdos.   No reason at all for an adult to talk to kids that age without other adults around that I can think of.

Archived