• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders in discussions with Greg Hardy

Kevin Greene

To be a locker room cancer, all you have to do is shine a negative light on your teammates. (I know we associate it with the inability to get along with teammates, but if you are screwing up in public or letting them down by doing idiotic things that get you injured, the teammates get pissed--they want rings, not interview questions about your stupidity). If they are all out doing community work--visiting hospitals, raising money for breast cancer, etc. and some turd teammate is flying down Brookshire going 100+ mph passing cars with children and innocent people in them, guess who gets the PR? Guess who gets hated in the locker room?

Check out Dwan Edward's recent comments, a guy who played beside Hardy. He has a wife and small girls at home. He sounds as if he took it a bit personally. Do you think that friction is not "locker room cancer?" Could I play beside Adrian Peterson, even if he was a great person to me? I would have problems with it because I take child abuse very seriously.

If you still defend Hardy, you just don't get it. That is OK, nobody said only decent, sensible people could access the internet.

I understand where you are coming from but that's two completely situations. No person in their right mind can tell someone how to raise their kids unless you're going to be the one that raise them yourself. The NFL was wrong to suspend AP.

Don't see how he could any thing he still owes Panthers $13 mil. for nothing last year.  Just can't see how every one forgets that. 

Does the NFL dislike the Panthers that much??  We had no cap space last year because of him and his problems and it looks like The Panthers were the only ones to be punished to me. 

Don't see how he could any thing he still owes Panthers $13 mil. for nothing last year. Just can't see how every one forgets that.

Does the NFL dislike the Panthers that much?? We had no cap space last year because of him and his problems and it looks like The Panthers were the only ones to be punished to me.

I completely agree the only people that really got screwed over is the Panthers and the fans. Greg got his money and the NFL got what they won't with Greg going on the exempt list with a suspension looming.

Mark Davis is not happy Raiders used as Greg Hardy's leverage

cident in their past, but it won't be Hardy. Hardy's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.

“I’m saying that he’s somebody we are not negotiating with and I don’t believe we would be interested in at this point in time,” Davis said to Kawakami. “I can tell you this: It has not been brought up to me and it would have to come to me … "

Both Bay Area teams have quickly backed away from any interest in Hardy. The 49ers said they didn't want Hardy, with general manager Trent Baalke saying there's "no interest that we’ve shown, nor will.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mark-davis-is-not-happy-raiders-used-as-greg-hardy-s-leverage-195946487.html

.someone's lying

Mark Davis is not happy Raiders used as Greg Hardy's leverage

cident in their past, but it won't be Hardy. Hardy's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.

“I’m saying that he’s somebody we are not negotiating with and I don’t believe we would be interested in at this point in time,” Davis said to Kawakami. “I can tell you this: It has not been brought up to me and it would have to come to me … "

Both Bay Area teams have quickly backed away from any interest in Hardy. The 49ers said they didn't want Hardy, with general manager Trent Baalke saying there's "no interest that we’ve shown, nor will.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mark-davis-is-not-happy-raiders-used-as-greg-hardy-s-leverage-195946487.html

Didn't want to start a new thread but this Hardy story took a strange twist...someone's lying

I'd put my money on it being Rosenhaus.

He's been caught doing that sort of thing before.

I understand where you are coming from but that's two completely situations. No person in their right mind can tell someone how to raise their kids unless you're going to be the one that raise them yourself. The NFL was wrong to suspend AP.

Personally, I do not see when it is ever appropriate to beat a child.  If you hit anyone else the way AP hit his child, it is felony assault and battery.  Why do we treat children like their parents' property and not human beings?  Is it because they have the responsibility to raise them?  Nobody earned the right, nobody passed a course, nobody had to qualify in any way.  You have sex, a kid arrives, and we are its unqualified providers and protectors. We get frustrated because we don't know how to handle situations, so we hit a person four times smaller than we are. That ain't parenting.  That is brutal ignorance.  AP literally and physically damaged his child, not to mention the psychological, long-term impact that kid will carry inisde for years.. 

I normally agree with you, BJ, but not on this one.

I have seen the damaged children who are being raised by their parents.  I have reported their parenting approaches to child protective services and saved kids--or rescued them--from their parents. 

This is my book on the topic:

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Desperation-Competition-Neglected-Children-ebook/dp/B00C1OK6AC

I spent 5 years researching the topic before writing this. Did you know that Norway does not "spank" their children, and they have not for 2 generations?  They find it to be barbaric.  They have one of the lowest crime and suicide rates in the world.  They do not have children taking drugs to keep up in school.  They see children as humans who need to be nurtured and not beaten.  Imagine that.

I am glad the NFL stepped up. I hope it saved other children from similar beatings.  You are, unfortunately, in the majority, BJM.  When you never question tradition, it tends to own the people who follow it.

Archived