• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

Sorry I can't agree with every move the so called savior makes, maybe we all should agree on everything.

When QB's who came into a league in the same year and a year before are already getting contracts while your teams QB's seems to be ok with his 5th year option, I think its OK to have a little doubt in my mind. But that's just me

i guess that's a reference to kaepernick and dalton.  think hard about the new CBA and then consider which rounds they were drafted in.

also quarterbacks drafted in 2010 (drafted a year before cam since you mentioned it) were selected under a different CBA with different rules and aren't subject to the option system as first round QBs and others are now

cam should get 10 mil a year plus a 25 mill sign on.. thats fair

depending on what happens with wilson and the rumors of a fully guaranteed contract i'd be comfortable with cam getting 5 years/$75 million fully guaranteed or something like that.  at least his cap figure will be exactly the same every year that way.

depending on what happens with wilson and the rumors of a fully guaranteed contract i'd be comfortable with cam getting 5 years/$75 million fully guaranteed or something like that. at least his cap figure will be exactly the same every year that way.

Cam isn't signing for less than $100 million

I'm confused, your comparing Cam whose going to his 5th year to a bunch of guys going into there sophomore years. If anything you just highlighted my point Cam's situation is so bad he's being compared to a bunch of rebuilding teams

Notice how you don't bring up Luck or Wilson

You were asserting that Cam is going to leave because he's going to look around and see that other teams are surrounding their young quarterbacks with talent and we aren't. Those are your words. I was simply providing a list of teams with young quarterbacks that do not appear to be making any effort to surround them with talent.

Young quarterback, not really adding talent at skill positions: Browns, Vikings, Titans, Raiders, and 49ers

Young quarterback, adding talent at skill positions: Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Jags

I'm sure that I'm missing a team or two. My point was simply that the Panthers aren't the only team with a young quarterback that isn't out relentlessly grabbing young and old talent to try to build a monster offense for next year.

i guess that's a reference to kaepernick and dalton.  think hard about the new CBA and then consider which rounds they were drafted in.

also quarterbacks drafted in 2010 (drafted a year before cam since you mentioned it) were selected under a different CBA with different rules and aren't subject to the option system as first round QBs and others are now

Still doesn't change the fact it looks like Wilson, Luck  even Tannehill might get new contracts before Cam.

If Cam was drafted in 2010 it would been more understandable since he would already have gotten a big pay day.

who the hell was drafted at quarterback in 2010 and is getting a big contract extension from the original teams right now anyway?

look at this cavalcade of stars:.

-Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma 1 1(1) St. Louis
-The Golden Calf of Bristol QB Florida 1 25(25) Denver
-Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame 2 16(48) Carolina
-Colt McCoy QB Texas 3 21(85) Cleveland
-Michael Kafka QB Northwestern 4 24(122) Philadelphia
-John Skelton QB Fordham 5 24(155) Arizona
-Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee 5 37(168) San Diego
-Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic 6 7(176) Tennessee
-Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan 6 12(181) Chicago
-Joe Webb QB UAB 6 30(199) Minnesota
-Tony Pike QB CINCINNATI 6 35(204) Carolina
-Levi Brown QB Troy 7 2(209) Buffalo
-Sean Canfield QB Oregon State 7 32(239) New Orleans
-Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State 7 43(250) New England

You were asserting that Cam is going to leave because he's going to look around and see that other teams are surrounding their young quarterbacks with talent and we aren't. Those are your words. I was simply providing a list of teams with young quarterbacks that do not appear to be making any effort to surround them with talent.

Young quarterback, not really adding talent at skill positions: Browns, Vikings, Titans, Raiders, and 49ers

Young quarterback, adding talent at skill positions: Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Jags

I'm sure that I'm missing a team or two. My point was simply that the Panthers aren't the only team with a young quarterback that isn't out relentlessly grabbing young and old talent to try to build a monster offense for next year.

All the Niners do is add talent for Kaep, they just signed Torrey Smith and I'm guessing Steve Johnson may be back with them as well but if not Boldin and Smith are a legit 1-2 NFL combo.

Of the 9 teams you listed the 3 teams that have had success all have surrounded their young QB's with weapons. It's amazing Cam has been able to have success with what has been put around him, now just imagine if they properly addressed those issues!

And that's what frustrates me, if they would surround Cam with actual weapons we may just be able to beat teams like Seattle and GB

Still doesn't change the fact it looks like Wilson, Luck  even Tannehill might get new contracts before Cam.

If Cam was drafted in 2010 it would been more understandable since he would already have gotten a big pay day.

the first part is only significant to you because you apparently didn't realize that there was a reason for that

yes if cam was drafted in 2010 under the old CBA as the first overall pick he probably would have gotten record breaking money and it would be a non issue.  in other news if the queen had a dick she'd be the king.

Young quarterback, not really adding talent at skill positions: Browns, Vikings, Titans, Raiders, and 49ers

You have to take everything into perspective 4 of the 5 teams you listed had rookie QB of course the aren't going to build around them immediately but I highly doubt if those rookies turn out to be franchise QB's is going to take them as long as the panthers.

And the 49ers have tried Kaepernick just sucks, they got Johnson, Lloyd, Boldin and now Smith in a 2 year period.

I was hoping the panthers front office is looking to win NEXT season not 3 years from now, I want a monster offense next season, I want Cam to feel like he's our future.

the first part is only significant to you because you apparently didn't realize that there was a reason for that

yes if cam was drafted in 2010 under the old CBA as the first overall pick he probably would have gotten record breaking money and it would be a non issue.  in other news if the queen had a dick she'd be the king.

And I think that reason "might" be cause he feel like the panthers aren't trying hard enough to build around him.

Archived