• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is going to get paid

SgtJoo

But for those of you who want to see a $25m contract to validate him in some way, that is how Hurney thought.  In addition, it makes you a Cam fan, not a Panther fan. 

I don't think anybody WANTS to see a 25 million dollar contract...but if he has a good year? I think you're looking at 22-23, if/when Luck and Wilson get around that. 23 is the top number I'd feel "comfortable" with I think, and if we could get Cam at 20 a year, through his prime? I'd honestly be kind of ecstatic. 

I don't think anybody WANTS to see a 25 million dollar contract...but if he has a good year? I think you're looking at 22-23, if/when Luck and Wilson get around that. 23 is the top number I'd feel "comfortable" with I think, and if we could get Cam at 20 a year, through his prime? I'd honestly be kind of ecstatic. 

In earlier threads, I have seen people suggest that he needs to be the highest paid qb and that the Panthers should essentially give his agent a blank check (I exaggerate, but not much) --I think you are right (22-23), but the difference between that and whatever he his holding out for (assuming he has been offered and rejected a deal) has to be really small.  I don't get it.  If I were Cam, a $100m contract over 5 seasons sets me up for a life of luxury for the rest of my life.  I then focus on endorsements and rings.

In earlier threads, I have seen people suggest that he needs to be the highest paid qb and that the Panthers should essentially give his agent a blank check (I exaggerate, but not much) --I think you are right (22-23), but the difference between that and whatever he his holding out for (assuming he has been offered and rejected a deal) has to be really small.  I don't get it.  If I were Cam, a $100m contract over 5 seasons sets me up for a life of luxury for the rest of my life.  I then focus on endorsements and rings.

True on all points for me. But, I'm also never going to fault a guy for wanting those extra few million early in his career. Cam knowing he could've died earlier this year in his wreck, while also getting hit on the field/playing injured all year had to also make him aware that he's not a literal Superman and the tolls are being taken on his body. I'd more than likely want as much money as possible too. And hell, maybe it's just a matter of being a competitor. He looks at Matt Ryan making 20.75 a year, and says hey...I deserve more than that guy. 

In the end, I'm pretty confident a deal gets done. There will be initial sticker shock for most, but in the end I think it comes off being a fair deal for everyone over the next 5-6 years. 

In earlier threads, I have seen people suggest that he needs to be the highest paid qb and that the Panthers should essentially give his agent a blank check

I'm sure you should be able to provide us all with some quotes of this then, right?

You make one or two morons sound like half the board is saying this.

I don't care if it is $25 million a year.  What is most important is the guaranteed part.  No more than 30% guaranteed or it is a bad deal.  Optimum would be 20-22 million  a year and 27% guaranteed. 

I want what you're smoking then. Only 27% guaranteed....for Cam Newton? Yeah, pass that poo man.

The Cap this year is about 140mil. Give Cam his 6 year deal. By the time the last 2 years roll around. The Cap could be close to 170mil, or more. His Contract won't look so bad by then.

Part of me is kinda befuddled Cam is not better than he is right now. I thought, when he got here, he was going to be great. He has been amazing for sure. But I ain't sure he has been great.

On his behalf, I will admit that circumstances haven't really been kind to him. And, he hasn't really been healthy his entire career.

SO...here's hoping that Cam can put it all together this year. So that Gmans' penny pinching ways will pay off in a Contract everyone can live with. Well...almost everyone,

I want what you're smoking then. Only 27% guaranteed....for Cam Newton? Yeah, pass that poo man.

Most of the current contracts signed today only have 30% guaranteed.

Flacco's 24%

Cutlers 30%

Brees is 40% 

Romos is 37%

Kap's 11.4%

Dalton 17.7%

Ryan's 40.5%

Rodgers 49.1%

Guarantees are going down with the higher contracts protects the club if a player gets injured

Archived