• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is going to get paid

SgtJoo

Then it would have happened by now. If it was "gonna get done" then what is the hold up?

No, it wouldn't have.

Money is the hold up, especially the fact that we don't have any, and Cam is still under contract.  DG is clearing cap space to make room for a big contract for Cam and a record breaker for Luke at the MLB position.

A deal will get done this season, or in the next offseason.  I would bet $100 this time next year the huddle will be exploding about Cam's new contract.  Some good, and some bad.

This. Im sorry, Cam is good but im still not comfortable with saying hes 140 plus million good. Hes similiar to Jay Cutler in a lot of respects and looked what happened to him.. He got benched for Jimmy Clausen.. Jimmy Fuggin Clausen for god sakes.

Never mind the rest of the post, you cant be taken seriously off this alone.

Honestly I don't know. No it's not Derek Anderson. However if everything we've heard about what Newton will get paid is true, then I doubt Gettleman resigns him. Paying a decent quarterback a ton of money whose yet to prove he's worth it (I'm talking 20-25 million a year) can have just as disastrous consequences as trying your luck with someone else.

My main point is that I am very prepared for the possibility Gettleman lets him walk, and I would understand his decision.

LOOOOOOL.

He didn't say it was going to get done now, lol.

The entire point is that he has already plainly reiterated when asked about it that it is something that will get done, eventually.

These comments were just made in like February I think.

You actually think if the deal were to get done that it would happen that fast?

Calm your tits man. It's the weekend.

What did I say that made you think I wasn't calm? Well now I'll give you reason

Im done with talking Cam Newton. You can't say poo about him here unless you're comments are praising the man. I love Cam Newton, and want to keep him. However, regardless of what Gettleman said, if the money is too much, and he struggles next season, I think it's very reasonable to think Gman will let him walk.

You're a grown man, time to stop hugging the nuts of another grown man.

Im done with talking Cam Newton. You can't say poo about him here unless you're comments are praising the man. I love Cam Newton, and want to keep him. However, regardless of what Gettleman said, if the money is too much, and he struggles next season, I think it's very reasonable to think Gman will let him walk.

It's almost like Gettleman has been scraping the bottom of the barrel in free agency so money isn't an issue when it's time to pay Cam and Kuechly and we can continue building a team around them...

Not particularly directed at you JJ, but the longer folks try to hold stuff against Gettleman the more laughable the excuses become. This guy knows what he's doing and has literally taken the franchise into uncharted territory (back to back playoff appearances.) The idea that he's going to FUBAR Cam and Luke's contracts is just ridiculous.

Wait, a franchise with the QB history of the Panthers, and some are actually suggesting we should let Cam Newton walk?

Sometimes our fans aren't the brightest bulbs...

Youre telling me if Cam completed under 60% of his passes next season, increased his turnovers, and we won under 8 games that you'd throw over 120 million dollars at him?

Our fanbase has to be the most delusional, nut hugging group of people in the NFL.

Youre telling me if Cam completed under 60% of his passes next season, increased his turnovers, and we won under 8 games that you'd throw over 120 million dollars at him?

Our fanbase has to be the most delusional, nut hugging group of people in the NFL.

Cam Newton's don't just show up on your doorstep every season.

The best available free agent QB on the market this year was Josh freaking McCown. There's a reason virtually every franchise QB gets a long term deal with his team.

If you think it's "reasonable" that Gettleman will simply let his franchise quarterback walk, then you are borderline delusional.

Ranting and accusing people of being "nut huggers" out of the blue when presented with facts only makes you look further foolish.

Archived