• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will be our next Greg Hardy? (In a good way...)

Wundrbread33

Don't think we have one right now...not a 6th round type cost who can then play at that level. Those are rare finds

He would have been a 2nd or 3rd-round pick if it weren't for injuries and a perception that he wasn't a high-motor player. In hindsight, the latter is ridiculous (he one of the league's better run-stopping ends) and the former never really caused an issue.

These people saying that we don't have one on this team are funny...

Bene was a 5th round pick and made SI's under 25 all-pro team after one year?? Yeah, I'll go with him

I took the question as in who would be a low risk high reward type player, like Hardy. If the question who could turn out to be an elite player, it could be any of them. I just don't see how that would relate to Hardy specifically though.

I took the question as in who would be a low risk high reward type player, like Hardy. If the question who could turn out to be an elite player, it could be any of them. I just don't see how that would relate to Hardy specifically though.

I don't think he was attempting to relate it to Hardy.

As I read it, he was just using Hardy as an example of what he was talking about.

In that case, he could have just asked "who will be good?"

Honestly, this is a pretty common way of evaluating players in football.

You'll often hear some young player called "the next" Steve Smith or Aaron Rodgers or Brian Urlacher or whomever because their playing style reminds people of a previous player, so it's an easy way to relate to them. Heck, I used to refer to Hardy fairly frequently as another John Randle for that same reason.

I'd say that's all he was trying to do. Just a way to phrase the question in a manner that people could relate to and would find interesting.

But then again, I am coming to the end of a 72 hour work week. My brain and legs are starting to feel like jello.

I'm coming up on a 48th birthday so my brain and legs feel like that fairly frequently :lol:

Archived