• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will be our next Greg Hardy? (In a good way...)

Wundrbread33

Who do you guys see as being our next Hardy?

What I mean by that is: which one of our youngsters (does not have to be a d-lineman) do you see developing to be a dominant, elite player at his position within the next two seasons that isn't at that level yet?

We picked Hardy late in the draft knowing he had ability and it took him a couple years to get going, but when he did, he was top 5 if not better at his position. All the tools, just needed the coaching. 

What player(s) do you see that fit that mold?

If anyone has the potential to develop physical attributes similar to Greg Hardy that's on our roster right now is Kony Ealy.

I would be all for that. Double because I'm also a Mizzou homer.

I am torn between a few players, but most notably Short and Benwikere.

Short just keeps getting stronger and bigger, and he has the physical tools to be a top 5 DT. Powerful trunk, long arms, and he plays with anger when pass rushing. I think he could make the leap this upcoming season which I think will work out well with the aforementioned Hardy gone.

Bene is interesting because he sticks like glue to whoever he covers, and I did not realize he is a legit 6'0". Having his ball skills, being a fluid athlete that plays faster than his time, and having that kind of size can certainly place him in the elite category with a little more seasoning. Very excited to see him develop.

Alexander.  We had 2 DE fhat played a total of about 3 games combined and both were healthy for a combined 32.  Difference?  Alexander didn't make much $$.

I have seen NOTHING from Alexander so far, but I think he will surprise in his contract year.  We will find out if he wants to play or wants to smoke weed.

Don't think we have one right now...not a 6th round type cost who can then play at that level. Those are rare finds

Well don't get stuck on the player necessarily being a late pick. Maybe a player that has produced at a solid level so far that you think might make the leap, regardless of where he was drafted.

Archived