• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Defense at it's Best

The Baltimore offense still rolled to the 1 yard line like Carolina was a bunch of middle school kids. You can give them credit for forcing a field goal I guess.......but 9/10 times an opponent is going to score from the 1 or make a gimmie field goal. I don't see why we are tooting our defenses horn on that drive.
yes, the ravens getting to the one was a huge problem.

what they did at the one was impressive. i don't know who was rotated in but for a team who has been about as good as a wet paper bag at keeping RBs from moving forward, this was impressive. holding them and causing them to move backwards was a good sign.

there aren't many bright points on this defense to look to but that situation gave me hope.

again, i want to know who was rotated in when it got down to the 1. if any one knows it would be great if you could point that out.....also i would like to know who was rotated out.

what they did at the one was impressive. i don't know who was rotated in but for a team who has been about as good as a wet paper bag at keeping RBs from moving forward, this was impressive. holding them and causing them to move backwards was a good sign.

there aren't many bright points on this defense to look to but that situation gave me hope.

again, i want to know who was rotated in when it got down to the 1. if any one knows it would be great if you could point that out.....also i would like to know who was rotated out.

I think they are gonna show it tommorrow evening again on the NFLN.

You make a good point about compromising Pepper's individual potential for that of the line as a whole. We saw a similar move when Gross moved to left tackle from right tackle, which most thought him a better fit at. Now, we've got our pro-bowl left tackle and a rookie who is really shining at the right tackle position.

I don't know that we should make such a switch with Peppers, but I definitely think we've got enough quality pass rushers that we should be rotating them. That includes rotating the ends to the inside on obvious passing downs (especially Johnson and Brayton).

I'm not sure but I believe it was (left to right) Peppers, Johnson, Hayden, Brayton. Don't hold me to that but that is what I am remembering.

Lewis may not have been the backup but he rotated into Kemo's spot on thirds downs and such. I know that Lewis isn't the ideal person but wouldn't he be a better fit than Hayden? To me Lewis is closer to a NT than Haydne is.

Lewis came in for Jenks UT role, while Jenks became a NT. That's what made Jenks so great.

Lewis may not have been the backup but he rotated into Kemo's spot on thirds downs and such. I know that Lewis isn't the ideal person but wouldn't he be a better fit than Hayden? To me Lewis is closer to a NT than Haydne is.
There is ALWAYS a rotation at the DT position. When you have a huge run stuffing DT, you rotate him out on obvious passing downs.

Lewis did originially backup Jenkins while he was here, but he was also always part of the rotation.

Our DT positions are not set in stone, especially whomever is starting beside Lewis. I like what I see from the nickle defense rotation to the line. All speed across the line.

i just watched a replay of the brayton sack and the DTs were lewis and hayden.

this was the 3rd play after mcclain was stuffed at the one which was followed by oher's false start and flacco's delay of game.

i don't remember seeing any substitutions taking place in that time. i think anderson was playing the Mike, at least it looked that way from the replay, i couldn't get a good bead on the number but he definitely wasn't connor (they do look a little different) and anderson was the one credited with the mcclain tackle.

can anyone tell me anything different?

this was the 3rd play after mcclain was stuffed at the one which was followed by oher's false start and flacco's delay of game.

i don't remember seeing any substitutions taking place in that time. i think anderson was playing the Mike, at least it looked that way from the replay, i couldn't get a good bead on the number but he definitely wasn't connor (they do look a little different) and anderson was the one credited with the mcclain tackle.

I haven't watched the replay but I remember seeing Landon Johnson on a couple of those plays. I know he was in on the third and goal but not sure about the others.

I haven't watched the replay but I remember seeing Landon Johnson on a couple of those plays. I know he was in on the third and goal but not sure about the others.
i couldn't see who was covering the TE then.

we were running a nickle package and it might have been the LB nickle package but i can't tell for sure. it looked like a 4-4 but it's hard to tell from just that one play. camera's weren't exactly cooperating with me.

C. Johnson was in there during that drive at some point. Maybe he was in before the goal line stand.

Archived