• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's my only prediction about the Panthers

Fiz

There are a couple of things to consider here, before we all buy into your 0-3 prediction.

First, the Eagles always find a way to choke when they're expected to win. The higher the expectations are for an Eagles victory against a talented opponent, the more you want to bet against them. This is particularly true early in the season.

Second, as bad as our defense has been, Atlanta's has been worse. Yes, they've won two of their preseason games, but they played Detroit and St. Louis and split and when San Diego came to town it took two late TDs to get the win, and SD wasn't playing Thomlinson or Gates. The only reason to favor Atlanta would be home field advantage, but Fox/Delhomme are 3-3 in Atlanta.

You never know, 0-3 is a possibility. But I wouldn't bet too much on it. Not yet...

I predicted 1-2 or even 0-3 a week ago. It isn't hard to see the guys are improving on defense but not very quickly and it seems as one part gets fixed a few more holes show through. Hopefully our saving grace is the offense outscoring other teams until our defense can get it's act together.

Against the Eagles - We suck against NFC East opponents in the regular season, Loss

Against the Dirty Birds - We made Flacco look like Unitas. We'll make Ryan look like...Favre? (Well, he WAS a Falcon initially), Loss

Against the Cowgirls - Forget it. Even at our best, the refs will find a way to make us lose this game. Loss

At this rate, the Huddle might go on emergency shutdown until October.

The Eagles are going to kill us on screens and dump-down passes to Westbrook. That game is almost certainly a loss.

I think we'll beat Atlanta week 2. Their D looks horrible so far and with so many new inexperienced players I think it'll be close to mid-season before they start to come together. If our D can force a couple turnovers or slow down their offense at all we should win. Could very well turn into a shootout though.

Cowboys game could go either way. They look extremely overrated to me but they seem to play their best football early in the year so who knows.

Archived