• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

Nothing you post is ever anywhere near facts.

I said that he is a franchise QB...hui.I said that he is the future of the Panthers.

Only difference is that some can say there are things that Cam needs to improve on to take his game to the next level....and then there are people like YOU. Too stubborn or dense to see it.

So wait ...

The oline was Good

We had a good WR corp

and The RB were healthy all season. .

Are those the facts??

You say what's wrong with saying he needs to get better..

Well what's wrong with saying he could use some help to get better?

What wrong with saying if you gave him a avg. Oline without 2 of the worst rated OT and some more weapons catching passes he could be better?

Want the actual answer? Well here it is. 

Does Cam need to improve? Yes, absolutely. 

The more important question is what does Cam need to improve as a passer?

Answer: Consistent protection. Cam already works his butt off and spends a ton of time in the film room. What he needs is a fertile environment in which to plant his improvement seed. Get him adequate protection on a consistent basis, and that will happen. 

Answer: Consistent protection. Cam already works his butt off and spends a ton of time in the film room. What he needs is a fertile environment in which to plant his improvement seed. Get him adequate protection on a consistent basis, and that will happen. 

I agree with you on the protection.

It is extremely hard for a young QB (whose biggest area for improvement being consisten mechanics and footwork) to significantly improve those without knowing/feeling that the protection is going to be there for him.

I hope that Oher can provide an upgrade this year and we pick up an OT or two for the future in this draft.

Cam is already a Top 10-12 QB (on talent and physical ability alone).....all anyone (including Rivera) is saying is that he has a much higher ceiling and if he improves on those things he will be lights out and damn near unstoppable.

So wait ...

The oline was Good

We had a good WR corp

and The RB were healthy all season. .

Are those the facts??

You say what's wrong with saying he needs to get better..

Well what's wrong with saying he could use some help to get better?

What wrong with saying if you gave him a avg. Oline without 2 of the worst rated OT and some more weapons catching passes he could be better?

I am not saying that he could not use better.

I am refuting your assertion that he has no talent around him and that everything is everyone elses fault.

I would say give him either a better Oline or better weapons on the outside that get open faster so he can get the ball out quick or a dominant run game..

But he can't have none of these and get better. .

I hope so. I try to forget that this group though Chandler/Bell was a NFL caliber tackle tandem. 

I am wondering if they REALLY thought they were....or that they knew we had no $ to upgrade and was hoping that they would surprise everyone.

What are your thoughts on this?

This is blasphemy!!

Don't get mad when his own head coach says this.  He is not dissing Cam either, something some of you numb nuts don't get. He is simply describing the development of his qb. A qb who was not ranked in the top 15 last year but has the potential and athleticism to be the best qb in the league.  (I know, I know.  OL, OC, WR, are to blame)

Cam needs to improve his mechanics.  Period.

I am wondering if they REALLY thought they were....or that they knew we had no $ to upgrade and was hoping that they would surprise everyone.

What are your thoughts on this?

Well, Remmers was available in August at next to zero cost. If the Panthers were concerned Chandler was awful they could have made a move then without money being a consideration. 

I think they thought Chandler was an answer, thus his contract extension last year. 

I am not saying that he could not use better.

I am refuting your assertion that he has no talent around him and that everything is everyone elses fault.

Link to where I said that please??

I only stated facts.

1. 10-11 different Oline lineup thru out the season. . Add the worst rated OT's in the league. .

2. RB'S group weren't healthy until the end of the year..

3. Only 2 reliable pass catching options 1 being a rookie..

Is that a good situation to promote good QB play and Mechanics??

This is blasphemy!!

Hui

Don't get mad when his own head coach says this. He is not dissing Cam either, something some of you numb nuts don't get. He is simply describing the development of his qb. A qb who was not ranked in the top 15 last year but has the potential and athleticism to be the best qb in the league. (I know, I know. OL, OC, WR, are to blame)

Cam needs to improve his mechanics. Period.

Ron needs to improve his coaching and Dave needs to improve the talent on offense ...period..

Link to where I said that please??

I only stated facts.

1. 10-11 different Oline lineup thru out the season. . Add the worst rated OT's in the league. .

2. RB'S group weren't healthy until the end of the year..

3. Only 2 reliable pass catching options 1 being a rookie..

Is that a good situation to promote good QB play and Mechanics??

mechanics dont really have anything to do with that stuff. 

mechanics dont really have anything to do with that stuff.

Oh it doesn't. .

Than name me a QB who had great Mechanics playing behind a bad Oline, Not having a dependable running game and a below avg. Set of pass catching weapons? ?

Archived