• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 1

Hotsauce

A new spin off of the WD is set to premier this Summer!

Summary:

What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in The Walking Dead? This summer, AMC will answer that question with Fear The Walking Dead, an all-new original series set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world.

Starring Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, Sons of Anarchy), Cliff Curtis (Missing, Gang Related), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm) and Executive Produced by Dave Erickson (Marco Polo, Sons of Anarchy), Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert...

http://www.amctv.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

Trailers:

Didn't see your thread when I posted in the other one, but glad you posted it, as I think it deserves its own discussion...

Here's what I posted in the other thread about it:

Also, I'm creaming my pants over "Fear the Walking Dead." At the very least, it will give us a TWD holdover until next season... But the promo has me stoked! I really hoped they would eventually address how it all started, and I read that Kirkman himself said that he had an idea of what started it but that he didn't really have the desire to ever reveal it in the comics. So I was surprised that AMC stepped out and decided to do it. But as I said in my previous post, AMC/the TV writers have shown a clear desire to occasionally, and sometimes, drastically, depart from the comics... And I love it.

When one of my friends had initially resisted getting into TWD, he said he wasn't big into the zombie thing like me... I told him, first off, I'm not into the "zombie thing" per se, but more so, the human element of it... I often see parallels between their world and ours, but theirs is obviously much more extreme and dire... I like seeing what people do and the decisions they make, and the consequences that arise from it... And the big question, "if that was you, what would you do?" Would you run? Would you fight? Would you be brave or be a coward? My friend ended up marathon watching the first 4 season like I did, and was fully caught up going into this season, and now has his wife heavy into it too lol.

That human element and the actions/reactions of the characters are what I'm really looking forward to with FTWD. Also, I wonder if it is successful enough, will they eventually bring the characters together, as based on the promo, I'm assuming FTWD is set in L.A.

I've always said if it really happened, the first thing I would do is drive to the coast and get on a boat... Problem is, my wife and kids don't know how to swim, would still need weapons, as there would likely still be a huge problem with other survivors (pirates in that case), and I would quickly have to refresh myself on fishing and eating what you catch, as I haven't really done that whole process, EVER... LOL.

Okay, and with that, I have officially gone too far in "Nerdvana."

But, yeah, Montsta, Alcatraz would be ideal, but I imagine it would bring a lot of other people as well.

I've always said if it really happened, the first thing I would do is drive to the coast and get on a boat... Problem is, my wife and kids don't know how to swim, would still need weapons, as there would likely still be a huge problem with other survivors (pirates in that case), and I would quickly have to refresh myself on fishing and eating what you catch, as I haven't really done that whole process, EVER... LOL.

Okay, and with that, I have officially gone too far in "Nerdvana."

But, yeah, Montsta, Alcatraz would be ideal, but I imagine it would bring a lot of other people as well.

I would be heading for the mountains, I figure the terrain would make it tougher on them and while I am not sure that cold would help, I am pretty sure it would not hurt

• 3 months later...

Archived