• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 1

Hotsauce

I don't see how this is going to be interesting past the first season. After the poo hits the fan it's going to be just like every other zombie media ever. 

Possibly, but at least this one has some good actors, unlike the original WD.

Possibly, but at least this one has some good actors, unlike the original WD.

Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, Chandler Riggs, Jon Bernthal...all solid castings. Some were misses (Lori and Andrea were miscast...badly). Some were just OK. But for the most part, I think TWD has had a pretty good cast.

Chandler Riggs is bad, but most child actors are.  Lincoln isn't that great, his lines aren't delivered well and he sounds different each season, he was decent in previous stuff so I can't blame them for getting him, he's not bad but he's not good.   Reedus is OK, but I cringe sometimes there as well.  Bernthal was the best casting choice and the best of the early actors, I'll give you that one, also Glenn is probably closer to the comics than anyone.   In their defense, the material hasn't been the best either.   I liked the casting later on, of Tyreese (even though they ruined his character).  At least they got The Wire actors.

The casting was mixed but I think they got things right more often than not. I don't like Chandler Riggs but really it's kind of hard to just look at a kid and figure out if he's going to grow into being a badass. They probably should have recast the role at some point. Andrew Lincoln has always been fine too. It was just the writing of his character that I didn't like for a while. Besides Carl there's three more people that I think they goofed the casting on. Andrea for one. She was never going to be anything like the comic Andrea with that actress. Governor was a complete misstep in casting. I can't really hold that against then though because I ended up liking the TV version of the Governor more anyways. Lastly, I really can't stand Michonne's actress. That character is supposed to be iconic and she brings absolutely nothing to the role. 

Andrea, Governor, Michonne, 

I like the actor they got for Governor, since the comic version would be hard to bring to the tv.  But my problem is they didn't give the character the due he needed.  The standalone book about the Rise of the Gov that is out was great and I wish they touched on that or even gave it a mini-series so he would have had more layers to his character.  Sadly, the tv show never cared about that kind of character development.  

Meh, I think Lincoln is great as Rick.  He really hit is stride as that character last season and thought he was the legit best actor on the whole show.

I like him better than comic book Rick honestly.

I'm not sure, his delivery of American "southern" is hit or miss.  It may be hard for an English guy to pull off though.   He's not bad, but he's also at ther mercy of the writers.

Because CORALLLLL.  lol.

Easily the best casting character was Micheal Rooke as Merle.

loved that character. 

Looks great, but that trailer gave a LOT away....

the way they make trailers nowadays, they usually don't preview more than just the next episode. I wouldn't be surprised if all of that footage was from S1E1. 

I mean it's not like they even have to sell the audience on This new spinoff. 

• 1 month later...

Well, tonight's the night!  FTWD makes it debut.  I am not sure how long the episode is slated to run, but I am sure the runtime and commercial time will be 50/50!! 

In all seriousness, the trailers look badass. They seem to be taking a more action based/zombie fighting feel vs. TWD's typical slow character development. My guess is if you have been longing for zombies zombies zombies....for that gore fest, then this will be the show for you!

Here is a look at the first 3 mins...

Archived