• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth's Latest - Comparing the Panthers a Year Later

CarolinaNCSU

All depends on the draft, we are a KB injury away from being fuged at WR. It's like the Steve smith years all over again. I am optimistic that we may have the best line of Cam's career.

Forunately Benji is a mammoth and not injury prone. And we're also an injury away from being fuged at QB so that argument is moot. If we sign Jennings, which I still think we will, then our WR group will be among the top half of the league next year for the first time in Cam's career. If we can upgrade tackle in the draft we can also utilize Dickson as a receiver and Cam will have plenty of weapons. I'd be happy with Strong in the first or drafting a wideout early but I don't think it's necessary if we get Jennings. Then we can upgrade our secondary, o-line or d-line and make our team more complete.

The roster is definitely better than last year's. More tackle depth, the return of Ginn, more experienced youth etc. Also Hardy didn't really play much for us at all last season. So how is DE anymore a weakness than last year? Ealy is going to be good and CJ is a champ. Dave will take a DE if he's the BPA for sure anyway.

Honestly last year's struggles can be directly attributed to Greg Hardy.  They thought keeping him would be able to float the defense for another year while the team got more cap space.  Well they had 13 million tied up in a player that didn't see the field.  Imagine the 2014 roster if that 13 million could have been used to sign another LT, a better WR than Cotchery and Avant, etc.  They took that 13 million this year and spent it all on special teams and depth.  If they manage to grab 2-3 starters in the draft again, the Panthers could be very, very good.

Honestly last year's struggles can be directly attributed to Greg Hardy.  They thought keeping him would be able to float the defense for another year while the team got more cap space.  Well they had 13 million tied up in a player that didn't see the field.  Imagine the 2014 roster if that 13 million could have been used to sign another LT, a better WR than Cotchery and Avant, etc.  They took that 13 million this year and spent it all on special teams and depth.  If they manage to grab 2-3 starters in the draft again, the Panthers could be very, very good.

There really weren't any out there that would cost that little, and be off the books as fast as Hardy was.

Archived