• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear NC - PLEASE pass this law!

Johnny Rockets

Then you're just being an asshole if there's no other reason to be there.

11005255_798453100207890_2041358184_n.jp

You havent figured that out yet?   But if someone is speeding it isnt my problem.  But I never go under the speed limit either.  They should either leave earlier or slow down. 

This is the part of the thread where I tell you that there is no intent for a "passing lane" when roads are designed or when traffic rules are established.  The "passing lane" is simply a construct invented by people who drive too fast to get mad at people who are driving sensibly.  The lanes are intended to be used EVENLY by everyone regardless of speed.

That said, get the fug out of my way.

That means that you are one of them and just don't realize it. :)

I drive route 49 from Mt. Pleasant into Charlotte each day and it is a daily occurrence.

That stretch of 49 is terrible. And don't get me started on 73 from Mt. pleasant to Albemarle.

This is the part of the thread where I tell you that there is no intent for a "passing lane" when roads are designed or when traffic rules are established.  The "passing lane" is simply a construct invented by people who drive too fast to get mad at people who are driving sensibly.  The lanes are intended to be used EVENLY by everyone regardless of speed.

Generally this is true, but there are signs all over NC roads that specifically state "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

It's really just a courtesy thing, just like using your turn signal, etc.

If you're an asshole, you're an asshole, but the semi anonymity of driving (and the internet for that matter) brings it out more in some people.

Generally this is true, but there are signs all over NC roads that specifically state "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

It's really just a courtesy thing, just like using your turn signal, etc.

If you're an asshole, you're an asshole, but the semi anonymity of driving (and the internet for that matter) brings it out more in some people.

This is more common on truck routes with hilly terrain IMO... trucks will try to pass each other and block the entire road because the passing truck doesn't have the accelerating power to get up the hill and around the other truck.

this right here sounds like an admission of guilt

This is more common on truck routes with hilly terrain IMO... trucks will try to pass each other and block the entire road because the passing truck doesn't have the accelerating power to get up the hill and around the other truck.

I've seen quite a few of these signs in the Wilmington area... flat as a pancake.

You'd have to ticket the zoning committee in Raleigh. Merger lanes on the belt line go right into the fast lane in several spots, which creates merging hell, and constant traffic congestion. And eventually the slow lane becomes the fast lane. Until people need to merge over from the fast lane to the off ramps. Which creates the whole mess over again. And by the time that's sorted out, you're an hour late for work. And the guy driving slow in the fast lane gets blamed for it. And now they've got the whole Crawleigh project going on. Which changes the traffics patterns daily. So that doesn't help at all. Hopefully they get it right eventually. But I doubt it given the past projects that were poorly thought out. Like the merger onto the new 70 bypass.

Archived