• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear NC - PLEASE pass this law!

Johnny Rockets

You'd have to ticket the zoning committee in Raleigh. Merger lanes on the belt line go right into the fast lane in several spots, which creates merging hell, and constant traffic congestion. And eventually the slow lane becomes the fast lane. Until people need to merge over from the fast lane to the off ramps. Which creates the whole mess over again. And by the time that's sorted out, you're an hour late for work. And the guy driving slow in the fast lane gets blamed for it. And now they've got the whole Crawleigh project going on. Which changes the traffics patterns daily. So that doesn't help at all. Hopefully they get it right eventually. But I doubt it given the past projects that were poorly thought out. Like the merger onto the new 70 bypass.

And to make matters worse, Grandma needs to stop at the merge and wait for a break in the 70mph traffic. ..lol

This is the part of the thread where I tell you that there is no intent for a "passing lane" when roads are designed or when traffic rules are established. The "passing lane" is simply a construct invented by people who drive too fast to get mad at people who are driving sensibly. The lanes are intended to be used EVENLY by everyone regardless of speed.

That said, get the fug out of my way.

It was in drivers ed books in the mid 1990s when I went through.

Drive in the right, pass in the left.

How in the world have you never come across a Prius traffic vigilante?

the only similar instance i've come across is the beat-up volvo covered from head to toe in left-wing political bumpstickers railing against illegal wars driven by a gray-pony-tailed pot-smoking leftover from the 1960s

the only similar instance i've come across is the beat-up volvo covered from head to toe in left-wing political bumpstickers railing against illegal wars driven by a gray-pony-tailed pot-smoking leftover from the 1960s

Would def chill with said leftover.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those in a minute.

My personal favorites are the fat guys in a single cab 2WD pickup, wearing a trucker hat, left elbow sticking out the window going 15 below the limit. You see their trucker hat going left to right, left to right, left to right, but never straight ahead.

Can this just become a general driving rant thread?

How about this one...   driving in traffic, and some asshole decides that they're a traffic cop and stops an entire lane to let a left turn go (or more than one usually).

Now I'm not talking about being courteous and stopping short of a line of traffic to let someone turn, I'm talking about just arbitrarily stopping for no reason, other than you think you should play traffic cop.

When I was taking my son to middle school I used to see this a lot.  Usually women that do this... I guess they think they're helping traffic... only problem was that in this location there was also a right turn lane into the school, so multiple times I saw someone stop traffic like this and cause a near accident because the person turned left and there was another car coming up the right turn lane that they couldn't see.

tl:dr

Obey the laws and don't play traffic cop.

I can't tell you how many fuging times I've been behind two worthless pieces of sh*t in each lane right next to each other going 5 under. I need a goddamn tank or a monster truck. This law won't change it though, people are retarded douchebags and will stay that way, law or not.

Archived