• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Masters 2015

Kevin Greene

Has been playing really well lately, yes. But geez does he let his emotions get to him and he occasionally gets his arms locked up and flares them way right, then overcompensates, like yesterday, and almost pulled it into the water.

He is putting lights out right now, which will help him immensely at Augusta. 

Yep, he lets his emotions get the better of him. He's still a kid. Just needs to get that in check and he will be the best in the game.

Afraid Speith would have to be up by 10 strokes going into the final round.  With nerves getting to him the last couple of tournaments, he does not know nerves until Sunday Augusta.

He will get there eventually however.  He is a good kid

Afraid Speith would have to be up by 10 strokes going into the final round.  With nerves getting to him the last couple of tournaments, he does not know nerves until Sunday Augusta.

Yeah Rory can attest to Sunday pressure for a youngster.

For the casual golf fan who might not have seen it:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/golf/masters/2011-04-10-rory-mcilroy-back-nine_N.htm

But as I recall didn't Rory bounce back the next big tourney to win?

He's been there before. Debut Masters last year he finished T2 and I believe shared the 54-hole lead. I'm not saying he still doesn't let his nerves get the better of him, but he's very familiar with Sunday Augusta nerves.

Oh he did look good and once again was leading or tied if I remember after 3 rounds.  Bubba blew by him though on the final day.

Seems like that is where he is in his development still.  He will get over it soon however and will be a consistent winner on the tour.

Oh he did look good and once again was leading or tied if I remember after 3 rounds.  Bubba blew by him though on the final day.

Seems like that is where he is in his development still.  He will get over it soon however and will be a consistent winner on the tour.

Yea, I mean Bubba was 35 at the time I think and Spieth was 20 playing in his first Masters. So, it's not totally surprising. Spieth kinda folded under pressure at the Shell Houston Open, but lets not forget he also won in a playoff earlier this year. 

I agree that he has some work to do on his mental state heading into these final rounds, but I think he knows that.

Archived