• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for DT!!!!!

Phoenaxe

I'd feel better if we got another Bridges type to back up the OL, I feel pretty good DT now and I still expect another signing after the second round of cuts.

I don't know but I feel more safe with what we have at OLine then I do at Dline. I could go into the season with the depth we have at Oline. I still would like too see another move at Dline.

I suspect we have targeted a few guys who are expected to be released on Thursday. We are afraid to put our eggs in that basket given we are so far down the list of teams that would have to pass on someone in order to clear waivers that we felt we might get closed out completely. So we picked him up in a trade as insurance and as a possible rotational guy. If someone else clears waivers we covet or the price is right we might pick up another guy. Otherwise we have another body to plug in to clog things up. If we can keep the middle clogged it will help the pass rush immensely as we can turn the DEs loose on the edges instead of always pinching them into traffic to protect against the run first and the pass second. We can also blitz a strong safety or linebacker knowing we aren't giving up huge yards as we do now if the runner clears the first level. Hopefully he can come in and do that. Lets remember that picking up guys like this and turning them around is what we do a lot better than picking high priced free agents who mostly underperform.

Well stated. We need big bodies inside so we can release on the edges. But it would also be nice to have someone inside who could put pressure on the passer, at least once in a while. :iagree:

Archived