• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.

It's not ~30 "imaginary plays".  It's called extrapolation.  You won't know what that means, so let me help you with that:

In mathematics, extrapolation is the process of estimating, beyond the original observation range, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable.

Sorry, obviously statistics are over your head.  My bad.  I'll try to remember that in the future.

Doesn't mean poo in football when you have a lot more variables in the way, like say, Quarterbacks ability which is what this topic is all about. I already addressed that with the projected fantasy football stats example in the same post, so I would suggest you focus more on reading comprehension to go along with that community college education that you're proudly flaunting tonight.

Olsen is pretty much the same (or slightly better) TE he was with Cutler. I don't remember who the hell the bears trotted out as QB in his first two years.

Demonstrably false.  He is MUCH better with Cam.

In two seasons with Cutler:

101 catches on 178 targets for a 56.7% catch percentage with a 10.05ypc average and averaging 508 yards per season on 89 targets per season.

In four seasons with Cam:

271 catches on 425 targets for a 63.7% catch percentage with a 11.85ypc average and averaging 802 yards per season on 106 targets per season.  If you drop the first season where his catch percentage was much lower than the last three at 50%, you get a catch percentage of 67.4%

So, let's do the extrapolation for Cutler...

Based on the averages, if Olsen averaged those 106 targets per season with Cutler, he'd average:

60 catches for 603 yards. 

Doesn't mean poo in football when you have a lot more variables in the way, like say, Quarterbacks ability which is what this topic is all about. I already addressed that with the projected fantasy football stats example in the same post, so I would suggest you focus more on reading comprehension to go along with that community college education that you're proudly flaunting tonight.

I'm sorry you're mad.  It's okay to just say that you were wrong.  It happens to everyone.

Yes, I'm aware there are more variables at play, but we can simply go off of the information we have available.  Strangely, you want to act like the only variables at play in LaFell's production in Carolina vs. NE are Cam vs. Brady.

Would you like me to show you my MBA?

You are right about Lafell in Cams first year. However he had a much reduced role back then, starting only 6 games. Teams had to focus on Olsen/Shockey duo and Smith before Lafell. The 2013 Panthers and 2014 pats had a #1 TE (Olsen/Gronk), number 1 receiver (Smith/Edelmen) and Lafell was the 2. Much similar situation for Lafell which grants a better comparison.

Olsen is pretty much the same (or slightly better) TE he was with Cutler. I don't remember who the hell the bears trotted out as QB in his first two years.

Smith? Clausen, enough said.

Ginn? Was never a factor in the 49ers offense.

Cam did a good job resurrecting the Panthers offense for a year... but Panthers O has been below average to terribad ever since. Not all his fault though.

Yes, I am aware of all those factors. However, just a few posts ago, you were in favor of only using LaFell's bulk stats.

Only on the huddle is Wilson a game manager that doesn't deserve a big contract. People around here sure devalue QBs.

If Seattle doesn't pay Wilson, some other teams sure as hell will, put Wilson on the jets, bills or Texans and they all becomes playoff teams if not superbowl contenders.

And the same would happen with Cam.

Demonstrably false.  He is MUCH better with Cam.

In two seasons with Cutler:

101 catches on 178 targets for a 56.7% catch percentage with a 10.05ypc average and averaging 508 yards per season on 89 targets per season.

In four seasons with Cam:

271 catches on 425 targets for a 63.7% catch percentage with a 11.85ypc average and averaging 802 yards per season on 106 targets per season.  If you drop the first season where his catch percentage was much lower than the last three at 50%, you get a catch percentage of 67.4%

So, let's do the extrapolation for Cutler...

Based on the averages, if Olsen averaged those 106 targets per season with Cutler, he'd average:

60 catches for 603 yards. 

yeah i'll admit im wrong there. i just glossed over his stats with the bears on NFL.com and they seemed pretty good. cams better than quitler so no surprise there.

i still stand by what i said with lafell being an overall improved player with brady, but he's a poo player in the grand scheme of things, so whatever. not worth having a shitstorm over. have a good night

it's about time there's another huddle Wilson jelly thread!!!

I love the comments about how Wilson has better numbers because he has so many more weapons than your #1 pick...fug those make me laugh!!!

those incredible receivers like Jermaine Kearse and Riccardo Lockette...annual pro bowlers for sure!!!

No receivers...all their eggs in the run game basket and yet he's 4-0 against you in his young career...but only three of those were in your stadium!!!

I love the comments about how Wilson has better numbers because he has so many more weapons than your #1 pick...fug those make me laugh!!!

those incredible receivers like Jermaine Kearse and Riccardo Lockette...annual pro bowlers for sure!!!

No receivers...all their eggs in the run game basket and yet he's 4-0 against you in his young career...but only three of those were in your stadium!!!

Riiiight... it was that powerful Russell Wilson offense that exploded for scores of 16, 12, and 13 points that did us in. Not the rest of the team.

I can't see why people don't get that Wilson has not proven anything yet. Kaepernick also came unto a team with stacked talent and took them to two straight NFCCG and a superbowl. Well what happened last season when they tried to rely more on his passing game? You guessed right.

The GM and coach know the value of Wilson in their offense. He does make some amazing game saving throws but guess what, those happen once or twice a game. Other QBs with bad defenses have to consistently make those plays. We can claim run first team all we want but if he was any good, they would not have had to significantly raise Lynch's salary to have him back.

WRT Cam, I think he may be coming into his own. The no huddle stuff to me is what makes most of these great QBs. Rodgers for example. Almost always in no huddle and reacting rather than reading too much. I think our coaches noticed it and Ron said they may want to do more of that next season. I think Cam will do very well.

Only on the huddle is Wilson a game manager that doesn't deserve a big contract. People around here sure devalue QBs.

If Seattle doesn't pay Wilson, some other teams sure as hell will, put Wilson on the jets, bills or Texans and they all becomes playoff teams if not superbowl contenders.

And the same would happen with Cam.

i'm sure if you took a nationwide poll, it would not be "only on the huddle"

wilson is known as a game manager by pretty much everyone who isn't a seahawks fan

We complained about his receivers also until Tate went to DET. Wilson is a poor pocket QB.

No he's not. He fits perfectly into what they do and unless they can find someone who can take care of the ball like he does, they may not win as many games.

RW in against GB in the NFCCG is what most other QB face weekly in the NFL. He threw four picks when they tried to lean on his arm, it is no surprise that he has one of the least passing attempts among the young QBs.

I mean SEA consistently wins games when he passes for under 150yds! How many QB in the NFL have that luxury?

Archived