• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Mock Draft

Jeremy Igo

I can't start a new topic because I'm a little babby huddler but I wanted any and everyone to see this

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the Falcons are looking to trade up from No. 8 overall in Thursday night's draft.

I'm cheering like hell for this, seeing them throw away potential OL and RB contributors for one pass rusher, albeit a very good one.

Shades of the Julio trade.

Dimitroff is a moron. He should have been gone way before Mike Smith was let go. 

Not complaining, though. 

Edited by Fenrir
  • Pie 1

What do you think he does if those guys, along with the other 246ish 1st rounders, happen to be gone at 25?  Do you think he will try to trade out?

They have some guys that will be available in round 2 that they have round 1 grades on. My guess is they would choose one of those. 

• Pie 1

Really starting to Love the idea of getting Devin Smith in the 2nd (even if having to move up a little in the round to grab him). Looking at his measurables and film, he is a raw OBJ (just doesn't have OBJ's elite route running). We have the coaches to really teach these kids.

OBJ:

5'11 198

32 3/4 arms 10" hands

4.43 40 7 bp reps 38.5 vert

6.69 3 cone

Devin Smith

6'0 196

31" arms 9" hands

4.42 40 10 bp reps 39"vert

6.83 3 cone

http://youtu.be/pDEm16yRI1E

Really starting to Love the idea of getting Devin Smith in the 2nd (even if having to move up a little in the round to grab him). Looking at his measurables and film, he is a raw OBJ (just doesn't have OBJ's elite route running). We have the coaches to really teach these kids.

OBJ:

5'11 198

32 3/4 arms 10" hands

4.43 40 7 bp reps 38.5 vert

6.69 3 cone

Devin Smith

6'0 196

31" arms 9" hands

4.42 40 10 bp reps 39"vert

6.83 3 cone

http://youtu.be/pDEm16yRI1E

OBJ's route running and hands are what makes him special.  Smith doesn't have either.

edit: not saying I wouldn't be ok with him in the 2nd, just that he's not really close to OBJ.

Edited by JawnyBlaze

OBJ's route running and hands are what makes him special. Smith doesn't have either.

edit: not saying I wouldn't be ok with him in the 2nd, just that he's not really close to OBJ.

Actually I believe Smith has the hands and concentration. The route running is the Huge difference. As you heard Gettleman mention OBJ was one of the best route runners he's seen. while Smith, many have mentioned his route running as a weakness and really didn't have to run a wide range route tree at Ohio state.