• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicks to Titans.

Jmac

Seeing how well he did his rookie season, knowing that per his own admission he hit the rookie wall late last year, and knowing how guys tend to improve quite a bit from year one to year two, yes. I have no problem going into this season with him as our number one guy.

Well then that's where we disagree, as of right now.

Nothing I said was hyperbolic... He is gigantic. He isn't a blazer. And he was tied for the league lead in drops.

That isn't an ideal #1. Could he be a #1? Yes. But he isn't, imo, right now. I also expect him to get better, but how much does it matter of he's still got Cotchery lining up on the other side of the field?

How horrible of me to want weapons for our QB and see him have an unprecedented level of success?

I never said KB was worthless, I said he was unreliable and overrated by this board, to this point. I believe he is ultimately a #2, possibly a #1, but that's if he fixes the drop issues, AND, THIS IS A BIG AND... HE GETS A VIABLE RECIVING THREAT TO ACCOMPANY HIM AT WR.

Olsen is great, but he generally occupies the middle of the field (a safety/lb), it still allows defense to cheat coverage to one side or the other.

I don't know how you couldn't be comfortable with it.  23 receivers in all of the NFL broke 1k yards receiving, and he was at the bottom half in regards to number of receptions.  He had 20 - 30 less receptions than a majority of the guys that broke 1k yards receiving.  In fact, there were 12 receivers that had more receptions than KB, and they didn't break 1k yards receiving.  Not to mention he was tied at #16 for number of TD's.  I'm completely fine, and very comfortable, with him being our #1 guy. 

I recognize that most of this discussion isn't about what I said, but for the record, when I was saying that I see KB as a #2, I'm saying that there is where I see his eventual role. Not where he played last year and not the level of production he had. Simply where I "feel" he would play best. But as always, my own biases are involved in that and I can't really put words to why I "feel" like he's a better #2 than #1.

Maybe it has to do with watching Smitty as a #1 for so long that that has become the kind of receiver I think should be a #1. I don't know.

I can already see how Draft Day is gonna go.

We take a tackle..."WTF?! WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A RECEIVER! GETTLEMAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GETTING WEAPONS FOR CAM!"

We take a receiver..."WTF?! WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A TACKLE! GETTLEMAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GETTING PROTECTION FOR CAM!"

We take defense...Aaaahhh, screw it :wacko:

Feel free to read my posts on the Oher signing, my opinion of Remmers going into next season, as well as my musings on the Ginn, Coleman, and Tillman signings.

I have been nothing but complimentary to gettleman and think all of those signings were PERFECT. I love them. I have not complained about any other position BUT WR since this offseason began, lol.

But have fun with this...

Feel free to read my posts on the Oher signing, my opinion of Remmers going into next season, as well as my musings on the Ginn, Coleman, and Tillman signings.

I have been nothing but complimentary to gettleman and think all of those signings were PERFECT. I love them. I have not complained about any other position BUT WR since this offseason began, lol.

But have fun with this...

To be clear, I was speaking of general reaction.  Not what I thought you specifically would say.

You are unbelievable, and not very funny.

I would say the same about you. 

We just had a rookie WR who had 1000 receiving yards and was one of only 11 rookie WRs in the last 20 yeas to surpass that mark.  He was ranked #19 in the NFL among WRs in receiving yards, #12 in TDs, #26 in most 20+ yard plays, #22 in yards per game, and #18 in 1st downs yet you want to act like he's hot trash.

Yeah, you're back pedaling hard right now, but your initial statement was that KB was "gigantic, slow, and had a huge case of the dropsies". 

Keep in mind, everyone was saying how raw this guy was coming into the NFL and most posters were proclaiming they'd be happy with 600-700 receiving yards from him as a rookie.  Sure, he needs to work on his consistency but he wildly outperformed even the most positive of expectations.

Keep in mind, everyone was saying how raw this guy was coming into the NFL and most posters were proclaiming they'd be happy with 600-700 receiving yards from him as a rookie.  Sure, he needs to work on his consistency but he wildly outperformed even the most positive of expectations.

Benjamin was one of the guys I had most in mind when I posted this a while back...

I recognize that most of this discussion isn't about what I said, but for the record, when I was saying that I see KB as a #2, I'm saying that there is where I see his eventual role. Not where he played last year and not the level of production he had. Simply where I "feel" he would play best. But as always, my own biases are involved in that and I can't really put words to why I "feel" like he's a better #2 than #1.

Maybe it has to do with watching Smitty as a #1 for so long that that has become the kind of receiver I think should be a #1. I don't know.

I understand what you're saying.  I'm on the "it's interchangeable" bandwagon myself.  If they compliment each other well, I don't care if you put a #1, or a #2 over their head, they'll likely both be making a significant amount of plays for us.  I'm comfortable with either label for KB.  I think he's going to be one of those guys that other teams look at and say, "he's going to get his, we just have to contain him the best we can."

I'm just stating my opinion of gentleman's team-building philosophy... Not a personal attack, and yet some of you at like I just spit in your dad's face. Chill out.

And Thomas, if you can't have an adult conversation without insulting someone, over people and things you personally don't know, then I have to say, no, my good sir... You are pathetic.

Seems like you're the one getting worked up over a simple word typed on a message board... You're not "stating your opinion," you're whining, bitching and moaning. Saying "you're pathetic" is hardly a personal "attack." Man you young politically correct people kill me.

Seems like you're the one getting worked up over a simple word typed on a message board... You're not "stating your opinion," you're whining, bitching and moaning. Saying "you're pathetic" is hardly a personal "attack." Man you young politically correct people kill me.

You used "you're" followed by an insulting adjective. That makes it both personal and an attack.

I stated my opinion. You chose to put on your armor and take it personally. I came in this thread talking about football and related personnel. Now, here we are discussing you talking about me.

Archived