• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last week of incidents affected on our draft

Blackmagic

I think that Shaq Thompson is a good football player and he'll make our defense even better, more versatile and unpredictable. But the Panthers were unlucky because without the Collins situation, Shane Ray arrest (he would've gone in the top 10) and weird Gregory slide, we could've had Humphries and possibly our LT for a long time.

Gettleman made the best out of a weird situation and didn't comprise his principles and picked the best player who fits us. We're unlucky, but as a football team we got better. 

P.S. There's still hope that if Collins goes undrafted and is cleared, we can pick him up as undrafted free agent. He can start here at LT and play with one of his best friends.

The Collins situation very well could've prevented Humphries from getting to us, but no way to know for sure.  I'm not mad though, I was never big on Humphries to begin with.

neither was I, but obviously Gettleman saw something we didnt. I think Humphries may have been the pick if he hadnt been picked right before our pick.

I think the Broncos trading up is the reason we have Shaq and not DJ today.

I think Ray would have likely gone to AZ at 24 instead of DJ.  I am happy with the way it worked out, as I for one think Oher is going to be better than people think, and would rather have a guy that will make an impact this season with a higher ceiling than an under preforming OT.

Agree. I put this in another thread, call me crazy but the Saints picking outside their needs for Peat also diminished our chances for a first round OT.

I was surprised by their two picks. They needed offensive line help, but their defense needed more than a LB. 

I think the Broncos trading up is the reason we have Shaq and not DJ today.

I think Ray would have likely gone to AZ at 24 instead of DJ. I am happy with the way it worked out, as I for one think Oher is going to be better than people think, and would rather have a guy that will make an impact this season with a higher ceiling than an under preforming OT.

Didn't even think about this too. Man we got screwed 3 times over this one. With La'el on the board, Saints don't go OT, or Broncos not jumping up. I think if any one of those happen we have a OT.

In 2004 I was so high on Larry Fitzgerald. I wanted us to draft him so badly. Arizona picked him 2 spots before us & I was devastated. Devastated! We took Chris Gamble that year. Turned out to be a very good pick for us & he became one of my favorite Panthers to watch.

I learned my lesson. I will never again anticipate anything during the draft. It's a game I don't like playing any more. Our draft picks are now members of our Panther family & I'll support them just for that reason.

Archived