• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade up to 9th pick of second round - select Devin Funchess

Montsta

I'm with you on all of that and don't dispute it. Nor would I ever.

But apparently, I'm not immune to being sacked into the occasional pissing contest with other fans here about our dissenting opinions... Oh well...

We've all done it.  Lord knows I'm not immune.

It happens.

Lol at "other teams" when referring to casual fans of other teams. I don't think either pick was a reach.

I like that he's stubborn enough to stick to his philosophy that has worked pretty well since he arrived.

Derp lol.

I was referring to actual other teams. Couple insiders have leaked out that they've spoken to other teams who were critical of our draft.

Nice try tho brah

Who gives a fug if other teams don't like our draft.

I suspect a few of the teams are the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs, because now they have to defend Olsen (6'5), Benjamin (6'5), and Funchess (6'5). With Cam Newton (6'5) behind center. Yeah, I'm sure they are pissed.

Yeah, this board has turned into "Agree with everything Gettleman does, or you're stupid and we hate you."

There's a lot of things I like about Gettleman, and I think he could be a great GM if he takes OL as seriously as he takes DL. But apparently nobody on these boards is allowed to criticize his neglectful approach to certain position groups and/or skill sets after a 7-9 season.

We're still no closer to back-to-back winning seasons than we were under Hurney, Seifert, or Polian, so can we cool it on the hero worship and be a little more objective?

Derp lol.

I was referring to actual other teams. Couple insiders have leaked out that they've spoken to other teams who were critical of our draft.

Nice try tho brah

To play devils advocate, say those experts on those others teams picks turn out to be busts and ours turn out to be good starters..what then?

Derp lol.

Nice try tho brah

You have links to back this up, of course.  Right?

Yeah, this board has turned into "Agree with everything Gettleman does, or you're stupid and we hate you."

There's a lot of things I like about Gettleman, and I think he could be a great GM if he takes OL as seriously as he takes DL. But apparently nobody on these boards is allowed to criticize his neglectful approach to certain position groups and/or skill sets after a 7-9 season.

We're still no closer to back-to-back winning seasons than we were under Hurney, Seifert, or Polian, so can we cool it on the hero worship and be a little more objective?

Our o-line is 100x better than it was at the start of last year

DG has not missed a pick and has added high level starters through FA/UFA

We have improved the best team in the NFC South, so, you know triple playoffs is very realistic.

You have links to back this up, of course. Right?

@JasonLaCanfora: CAR moved into the Rams spot to take TE/WR Devin Funchess. Lot of teams panned CAR pick Thur and scouts I trust didn't like him either...

@JasonLaCanfora: CAR moved into the Rams spot to take TE/WR Devin Funchess. Lot of teams panned CAR pick Thur and scouts I trust didn't like him either...

The same Jason LaCanfora who told people we were offering Hakeem Nicks a three year, 4.5 million a year deal?

Yeah, there's someone I trust :unsure:

So your defense is "nu-uh he's lying" lol

Actually, if you look back at prior posts, you'll find many times where I've said LaCanfora is a very iffy source.  Sometimes right, often wrong.  A 'hit or miss' type guy.  That's why despite being part of CBS, you rarely hear him talked about in the same vein as guys like Schefter, Rapoport or Wilson.

So unless you've got better than LaCanfora, you haven't got much that interests me.

Actually, if you look back at prior posts, you'll find many times where I've said LaCanfora is a very iffy source. Sometimes right, often wrong. A 'hit or miss' type guy. That's why despite being part of CBS, you rarely hear him talked about in the same vein as guys like Schefter, Rapoport or Wilson.

So unless you've got better than LaCanfora, you haven't got much that interests me.

Interesting you doesn't interest me. This isn't speculation about a future trade or whatever. He's echoing sentiments said to him by league officials. Either you think he's lying about that or the point stands.

Interesting you doesn't interest me. This isn't speculation about a future trade or whatever. He's echoing sentiments said to him by league officials. Either you think he's lying about that or the point stands.

LaCanfora isn't a great source.  Not someone I trust.

But then neither are you, so yeah, it's pretty easy to dismiss.

The same Jason LaCanfora who told people we were offering Hakeem Nicks a three year, 4.5 million a year deal?

Yeah, there's someone I trust :unsure:

Maybe you should actually try to refute an argument for once, instead of attacking a person's character.

But that would probably be way to difficult for you judging by your horrendous posts on multiple Panthers boards over the years. Legend in your own mind. LMAO, football historian? Give us a break. I wouldn't trust you to coach a Pop Warner team.

Archived