• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess is ou Jimmy Grahm

Rags

And by that I mean, he's gong to be a swiss army knife

I fully expect him to be used inside more than out wide, but more than anything, he's going to be used as a misatch option. TE, WR, Slot. Wherever he can create a size/speed mismatch, he'll do it.

He's not a burner, hell he'll have trouble getting separation from a lot of DBs, but one thing you need to know, he's not as slow as  his combine tie, not as fast as his proday time. But what he can do s impressive -- He can outsize people, he can make impressive catches using his long ams, and, probably most impressive, he's agile and strong enough to make people miss and pick up YAC

I still fully expect us to take a pure WR if one is available honestly, probably a pure deep threat/playmaker, but Funchess is so versatile you can see why Gman loves him.

Horrible comparison by Mayock.

Jimmy is 3 inches taller. 30 pounds heavier. Ran a faster 40. Has longer arms.

Funchess may be a fine player. He's not Jimmy Graham.

No, I'm not saying he'll be Jimmy. He's obviously not.

I'm saying he'll be used in the same way you guys used him

Of course people are going to compare him to a several time Pro Bowler, even though it's statistically more likely that he's just another NFL bust. I don't think people realize just how rare it is to get a player like Jimmy Graham. 

Archived