• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick to be reinstated for week one?

Blue84

Not to be rascist but this has something to do with his skin. Hayden and madhater im guessing yall are white so you wouldnt understand. He only killed 3 or 4 dogs. Did he rape anybody NO did he snort cocaine up his nose NO. A Two year Suspension Is enough but Gordell wants to punish him some more. For what??? For no reason jus because he's black what happend to matt jones he only misses a couple games and is back on the field. Ben rothlisberger was accused of raping someone but is living his life fine. GORDELL IS RASCIST point blank. If you were black you would understand but your not so you think it has nothing to do with his skin color when it really does

Thank you for bringing the average IQ on the huddle down a few points.

I agree.

Side rant**

I also believe everyone is prejudiced in some way. People who say race plays no part are naive. Of course if Jake did this crime people would be appalled. But I truly believe that if he did the exact same crime/sentence as Michael Vick there wouldn't be the same amount of hate or complete lack of forgiveness on his reinstatement to the league. There is also some financial prejudice. Some people just hate that he can make millions of dollars after doing a crime. Especially when they don't make any where near that amount.

I am a black man who lives in Atlanta and I regularly would start arguments in the barbershop (country club for black people) about how bad Michael Vick was as a quarterback. Plus the fact he used to kill the Panthers (although we had him figured out near the end). But now I support him just for the fact that lots of a vocal minority seem to have such a extreme dislike of him. If I thought it was all about the dogs I would understand but its not. I also understand how people can look at it as another black man "playing the race card". Everyone sees things from their own perspective.

Good well thought out post. Everyone under the sun knows his race and the position he plays is a major factor in why many of his "haters" hate him. They've been vocal about the hate they've nurtured for him long before he had dog fighting charges.

Good well thought out post. Everyone under the sun knows his race and the position he plays is a major factor in why many of his "haters" hate him. They've been vocal about the hate they've nurtured for him long before he had dog fighting charges.

atleast some people understand. I would expect some people to say it has nothing to do with his race Because their not black so its not racist to them

Yeah, if Michael Vick was white, people would excuse what he did, just like they have for guys like Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco and Pete Rose.

(riiiiight) :nonod:

If we're to subscribe to this logic found here, then I guess we can no longer take seriously anything the black posters on here say about white people. After all, if you aren't white, you just can't understand :rolleyes:

I think the point is that he has done his time and since he is an amazingly gifted athlete the NFL is willing to take him in and give him a job even though he is a felon. Most felons aren't nearly so lucky but then again most felons aren't Michael Vick.

Personally I see it as that he has completed his punishment (even if it was to go to crime school for however long it was) and if he is capable of playing in the NFL and someone wants him then that is what he should do.

Yeah, if Michael Vick was white, people would excuse what he did, just like they have for guys like Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco and Pete Rose.

(riiiiight) :nonod:

If we're to subscribe to this logic found here, then I guess we can no longer take seriously anything the black posters on here say about white people. After all, if you aren't white, you just can't understand :rolleyes:

I hate the racist card in an issue. Pete Rose is still being punished.

Archived