• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we trade Stewart?

jpniner

Whats opinions here? With Goodsen looking like a solid RB, giving us 3 of them along with questions about Stewarts health(potentially being a constantly injury plagued RB).....Why not trade Stewart now?

What is his trade value? could we get a stud DT for him? If so, who?

Seems like some bold move like this(getting a solid DT for him) is the way to improve the team via the Defense while possibly not hurting the Offense too bad? Better overall team?

I like Stewart, but at end of the day its a business. We need to win, we need a better Defense to do that and we are strong at RB without Stewart.

Plus, there are signs that Stewart may be one of those constantly injury riddled players.

How many regular season games has he missed in his career?

whats the Salary Cap implications here? With Williams and Stewart their rookie contracts will be up in coming years, Steve Smith will be up again and then Otah of course too after paying Gross a fortune.

Can we keep all these people after the rookie contracts are up?

Then of course there is the QB situation as Delhomme gets older

no, no, no, no, come on please stop suggesting this people. goodson has looked good in preseason but he is no j stewart ok. He will do fine in relief and in special packages but he is not the complete package. we need j stew because when d will gets winded and he goes in there is no drop off, i dont understand how anyone could even really think of getting rid of him.

How many regular season games has he missed in his career?

well, didn't he drop in draft last yr because of his hurt Toe and there was a feeling he was an injury riddled player?

That combined with his achilles, after just 1 season being #2 makes me wonder a little about him.

I'd much prefer to keep him, just thinking from the overall team point of view.

Heck if not him, maybe Goodsen down the road whats he is better known and proved will be worth something on trading block?

Bottom line is we need a much better Defensive Line one way or the other.

whats the Salary Cap implications here? With Williams and Stewart their rookie contracts will be up in coming years, Steve Smith will be up again and then Otah of course too after paying Gross a fortune.

Can we keep all these people after the rookie contracts are up?

Then of course there is the QB situation as Delhomme gets older

I would imagine that Smith will retire after his current deal is up....Stewart is only on his second year of like a 5 year contract, Williams still has 2 or 3 years left, Otah still has like 4 or 5 years. Once something gets handled with Peppers, one way or the other we should be okay with the cap. That, and next year will probably have no salary cap.

Archived