• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Other Panther Receiver....Jarrett Boykin

SetfreexX

Ginn will be insurance and help stretch the field on certain plays. Maybe he plays special teams if one of the other 23332634743 special teams players we signed doesn't beat him out.

Special Teams is the main reason he's here.

I only see Boykin making it if we keep a sixth guy, and even then he'll have to beat out Hill, Bersin, Presley, etc.

Special Teams is the main reason he's here.

I only see Boykin making it if we keep a sixth guy, and even then he'll have to beat out Hill, Bersin, Presley, etc.

He's proven,more than Presley and Bersin in the league so far and can do all duties on ST compare to those two.

You do realize he said that Boykin has proven more in the NFL? That encompasses more than last seasons stats.

So he's been in the nfl longer than Brown? Because that's really the device you are using. That doesn't make an nfl receiver better.

Using your logic: Jason Avant has proven more in the nfl than OBJ. Avant is the better receiver.

WR will be interesting.

KB and Funch

After that it is a toss up, but I am personally leaning toward Stephen Hill or Marcus Lucas. Proehl worked hard developing those 2 last season from the practice squad. Everyone will have a favorite in this race.

The wild card that does not get talked about a lot is Wegher who can play multiple positions. He can play SS, KR/PR, WR, and RB at the NFL level. He can even be a gunner on special teams.

He could be the #1 SS, #2 KR/PR, #2 RB, and #3 WR on the Panthers current roster. He would be an immediate impact at any of those positions. He is really that good, and some team is going to discover it soon. He is more athletic than anyone outside of Cam on offense, and his football smarts rival that of Greg Olsen as Wegher has also lived on a football field all his life. He is one of the fastest players on the team and he may have the best vision of any offensive player. You could think of him as a bigger, faster, more athletic version of Wes Welker.

Some of you may push it to the side, but once he starts getting touches you will quickly see he surpasses any undrafted rookie free agent the Panthers have ever brought in over the organization's 20 year history. His work ethic will be hard to match even for some of the veterans.

You do realize he said that Boykin has proven more in the NFL? That encompasses more than last seasons stats.

I'll play along.

Jarrett Boykin Average receiving yards per season: 243 yards.

Corey Brown Average receiving yards per season: 296 yards.

Jarrett Boykin rookie season: 5 catches, 27 yards.

Corey Brown rookie season: 21 catches, 296 yards.

A majority of Boykin's stays came from his second season. He then fell off dramatically in 2014.

Corey Brown has yet to enter his second season.

I'll play along.

Jarrett Boykin Average receiving yards per season: 243 yards.

Corey Brown Average receiving yards per season: 296 yards.

Jarrett Boykin rookie season: 5 catches, 27 yards.

Corey Brown rookie season: 21 catches, 296 yards.

A majority of Boykin's stays came from his second season. He then fell off dramatically in 2014.

Corey Brown has yet to enter his second season.

I don't have a favorite between the two, I hope the both ball out this season. I was just pointing out your "3 rec 23 yds" comment about Boykin was disingenuous cherry picking.

I don't have a favorite between the two, I hope the both ball out this season. I was just pointing out your "3 rec 23 yds" comment about Boykin was disingenuous cherry picking.

Not necessarily cherry picking, just bringing am extra stat into a point that people thought was obvious.

Obviously it was not obvious.

Not necessarily cherry picking, just bringing am extra stat into a point that people thought was obvious.

Obviously it was not obvious.

So it's your opinion that Brown is better than Boykin, and that Boykin has no chance to out perforn Brown in TC?

I'm not saying what will happen either way, I just don't

Feel that the outcome is as obvious as you seem to believe.

Archived