• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread

I misspoke then...   I didn't mean it negated the rebounding average statistically, what I meant is that it has dramatically changed those stats.  If the refs were calling half of that poo, the rebounding would be astronomically higher in favor of the cavs and that would also dramatically change the way the games have been played...   Not to mention, Green probably would've been fouled out of 3 or 4 of the games. 

Only calls I've seen going the cavs way were occasional (i.e.,LeBron sliding up under steph and causing a steal in game 2 or 3, LeBron travels but is then hacked like crazy...).   Those calls aren't detrimental to GS.  Not calling blatant holding, over the back, and pulling from behind is for Cleveland.  The second chance points on both ends would be a lot different if it was called. 

Again, I don't it misconstrued...   I was gonna be happy either way with whoever won.  That has just stood out to me, and the last two or three games it has just progressively gotten worse.  Not to mention if Bron is considered the most talented, skilled player since MJ, he certainly isn't getting MJ type calls when he forces the action, and the officials letting that go at the end of game 2 IIRC, completely gave the game to GS. 

There is a difference between letting them play and just sucking at your job. 

​Mozgov and Thompson have been fouling guys too and they don't get called. LeBron's had at least a dozen offensive fouls gone uncalled. It's been very even as a whole this entire series. Calls get missed, they let guys play on because it's the Finals. But it's gone both ways and evens out. The Warriors are just the better team. Stop trying to bring the referees into it. And there's no conspiracy.

Look at Lebron just shove Igoudala. No foul

That could just as well be a flop. What about Iggy holding LeBron anytime he backs him down? What about him reaching? Again, the difference is the subjective calls versus blatantly textbook holding, fouling, etc. A charge is different than holding someone. A ref can call a charge or a blocking foul depending on how his underwear is feeling that day, whereas a hold is a hold.

If they called these games like regular season games lebron would have gotten iggy and green both fouled out of every game this series. I get playoff basketball is more physical but I've never seen a superstar get so few calls.

​Mozgov and Thompson have been fouling guys too and they don't get called. LeBron's had at least a dozen offensive fouls gone uncalled. It's been very even as a whole this entire series. Calls get missed, they let guys play on because it's the Finals. But it's gone both ways and evens out. The Warriors are just the better team. Stop trying to bring the referees into it. And there's no conspiracy.

I'm not disagreeing... The Warriors are the better team. But my point is, LeBron is all his team has. Don't the best players historically get calls other players don't? For all his efforts, LeBron hasn't gotten that benefit this series, and it decided one game in the Warriors favor. It's just my opinion and an observation. But, if we both believe the Warriors are the better overall team (and imo, the better coached one), then I have to believe the result would've been the same regardless of how it was called. I just get frustrated with the unjustified LeBron hate I see all over fb and the like and people pulling against him, and apparently refusing to acknowledge how great he is. I also feel bad for the long suffering Cleveland fans... But, I love steph, klay, Livingston, Kerr, etc., so I'm happy for them.

The other thing that irritates me though with the LeBron hate is that the Warriors could've lost and no one would bat an eye, they'd all still be regarded as great. But, despite LeBron's performance and carrying his team without Kyrie and Love, he will be lambasted for losing like no one else.

Archived