• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doug Gottlieb's take on Cam CBS Sports Radio

The Huddler

He's also a radio host of a national radio show who talks about any topic to hundreds of thousands of people

my point being, this is where people get a unjustified view of Cam

you missed my point. I'm not sitting here afraid Gottlieb's is right 

​Na, I got your point.  I just don't care for the dude, never have.  

​huh? He played better against them than Manning and Rodgers each did, and one could certainly argue he played better than Brady did against them. Take a look at his supporting cast as well compared to those 3. And it was in Seattle whereas Brady and Manning were at neutral fields.

Who are you trying to convince? You are missing the point. It wasn't to say Cam isn't good enough, just that he didn't put up the numbers when everyone was watching. Unfortunately that is what people that are not Panthers fans will remember.

We need uptempo with Cam being healthy coming into this year' Shula should fallback let Cam show why he said he the only QB with the full package cause its true!!!! Now he definitely will have time to get to know his receivers, new plays, all through OTA'S- Tc... LET THE BEAST FREE!!!! Too change plays at the line' he can handle it just like Manning but with uptempo to wear the defense down then use our team speed,Power&Size against them^ Hill,Philly,Ginn,Cam=Speed- KB,Funch in Munch,Olsen,Stewart=Power+Size

What exactly is a slow tempo offense. With the time clock running for each play and most teams using most of it including teams like Denver with Manning, most every team ends up taking most of the time between plays. How many teams actually run an up tempo offense outside of Philly. If you had said we are a ball control team and we run a lot then that is surely true. But I think the up tempo might apply to basketball much more than football. 

What exactly is a slow tempo offense. With the time clock running for each play and most teams using most of it including teams like Denver with Manning, most every team ends up taking most of the time between plays. How many teams actually run an up tempo offense outside of Philly. If you had said we are a ball control team and we run a lot then that is surely true. But I think the up tempo might apply to basketball much more than football. 

He was referencing to a no huddle type offense, which we ran a few times as opposed to traditional. 

Also, he was referencing a chip Kelly like system

Cam thrived in the no huddle last year in the minimal amount of times we ran it. We should've ran it more, and should run it a lot next year, but it doesn't really fit our ball-control philosophy. That would be fine by me if we were actually successful using the ball-control, but we weren't. I don't care which we do if either works, but if we can't figure out how to have success with a huddle then we need to use the no huddle more often.

I run no-huddle with Cam on Madden and have thrown for 65 TD's and 7,000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. And that poo is on All-Madden. 

So I'm right there with you bro. 

He was referencing to a no huddle type offense, which we ran a few times as opposed to traditional. 

Also, he was referencing a chip Kelly like system

​I know what he was talking about i just dont think he knows what he is talking about. The no huddle offense is useful when you pick your spots but is not a great offense to run all the time.  Look at Philly for example. For all the hype and the number of plays they run, they have roughly 50 yards more offense than we do. But they also give up 40 more yards on defense than we do and lets remember that out defense was not that great until late in the season.

I dont see a bunch of teams running to do what Kelly does either.  Sure we will use the no-huddle offense more this year but we are running the offense that Gettleman and Rivera want us to run.  Shula does what he is told to do and is here because they want him here not because we can't do any better.

The uptempo offense doesn't mean snap the ball as soon as the ref drops it..leave that too chip' The uptempo I'm referring too is get to the line faster to throw the defense off but addible at times, fake the snap, drop back into shotgun then run up to the line' throw off the defense timing&player changing and at time hike quickly too keep the defense honest..

Archived