• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leonard, Moore x2, and Goodson impress...

firstdayfan

1. As all of you have said goodson is quick, but there definitely doesnt seem to be that connection with goodson and williams like williams and stewart. I was watching his interaction with Deangalo and the drive of the fumble Williams was telling goodson to secure the ball. Goodson said something Im assuming an excuse and williams walked away and started chatting with Stewart there was no more interaction after that.

2. It also looked like the first string d wasnt going to go back in for the second series but harris and marshall were pleading with fox to go in for one more series. For shook his head said one more and then they ran back to the defensive groups. Too bad that series both of them missed tackles, but they showed heart.

3. Jarrett gives up on routes. Hes got great hands but just doesnt think the ball is coming to him. Also the only wide receiver who was sitting down on the bench when he left the game. Moose, Smith and Moore were standing up watching.

4. James Anderson and Connor arent ready to start. They get swallowed up by blockers. Also Charles Johnson has horrible ball awareness. How many times is he gonna shoot inside and the runner bounces back outside or reverses. Maybe its not his gap but it happens to him frequently.

5. Best hit of the game happened in the 4th Q. Steeler fan punched the poo out of a panther fan in the club seats!!! hahaha i thought it was funny even though im a panther fan just bc the panther fan was punching like a girl.

5. Best hit of the game happened in the 4th Q. Steeler fan punched the poo out of a panther fan in the club seats!!! hahaha i thought it was funny even though im a panther fan just bc the panther fan was punching like a girl.

People like this will get alcohol banned at stadiums one day.

I'm not necessarily pointing the finger at anyone here but what is the big problem with the tackling last night? I thought it was a huge improvement from the first two games and I read a article on the observer website and it practically called out a few guys on defense for that one TD run. Chris Harris put a great hit on him and stood him up, the other guys around him tried to strip the ball instead of gang tackling him. This is totally a Meeks thing and I can almost prove it. The one guy on this team who didn't go through Meeks training camp was gang tackling like a mad man. He was hitting guys if they were on the way down, already wrapped up, and everything in between, and that was Leonard.

I think it was bascially something they harped on in practice and it has effected the tackling that this team usually was pretty good at, but they were much better yesterday and I think the D just wanted to get a turnover close to the goaline. I don't think this will be a problem come week one. They all CAN tackle, its just what they have been taught by Meeks to this point.

Dont forget Jarrett. He made that nice catch but then he ran a piss poor route. I think he showed why he should be on this team.

If you are talking about that catch Jarrett made, I think it was the 4th qtr, on 3rd and long and he was on the 3yrd line - Yeah - that was a great catch. I want to see Jarrett make the team and become a contributor.

Best catch of the night was made by Rasrio as he was going out of bounds, one handed. Rasrio made several great catches and I really wonder why they dont put him in more as just a wideout. Unfortunantly, K. Moore drew a penalty on that play and Rasarios catch was wiped out.

Yeah that was a tough one, Rosario has really shown up this preseason. I kinda hope he rebounds from last year. The Jarrett catch on third down was a pretty good one though, I think he has a ton of talent but not the drive to be a better player.

Archived