• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leonard, Moore x2, and Goodson impress...

firstdayfan

I don't know about everyone else but I couldn't help but watch Leonard everytime he was in the game. I really wanted to see how he played and whether or not he had some potential and I must say I wasn't disappointed. For a guy who was getting his nails done on tuesday to playing for a new team in an entirely new defensive scheme I thought he played pretty well. Fox said yesterday that he was impressed with his quickness for a big guy and so was I, he got some push and almost ran down one guy from behind. When he was in there with Brown, Irvin, and Johnson they were just flat out dominating. That was a good couple of series they had as a group, that's the kind of pressure we need to be successful.

And what can you say about both Moore's after this game but wow. Kenneth Moore looks like a seasoned vet out there, he has so much poise and he catches everything in his reach. I can't imagine a guy having his worse game and his best game on the same night. He muffed some kicks and punts but he also made positive yards returning both kicks and punts. He ran outstanding routes and I can't imagine why they would throw it to anyone else but him on third down. Matt Moore also impressed me tonight and believe me I was beginning to doubt whether he could be the guy. But man did he go out there and make some pretty throws. The INT was tough but he got hit from behind although it was going to be into traffic regardless. I really thought he played very well and I think he is in the perfect position to continue learning and be the guy in a few years, much like Aaron Rodgers was able to do (not comparing players, just the situation).

Goodson impressed as usual but for two reasons that you suprised me, one I thought he ran between the tackles really well and got positive yardage and two, he continues to make great catches. I can see why they felt he could be a good receiver as well as a third down back.

Other than that I thought the defense played better and I probably should mention that Hayden probably saved any sort of career that he expects to have tonight. He has definitely improved. I thought the tackling was also much better except on the touchdown run which I think was due to guys trying to strip the ball rather than bringing him down (I think Meeks overdid that strip the ball crap.) Other than that it really doesn't matter, I thought we made a couple of big mistakes but this game doesn't count so let's move on and get ready for Philly!!! Go Panthers.

I watched leonard too. On his first play, he threw the RG to the side and got in the backfield. Second play, he got in the backfield and was running after the RB. Almost got him until the RB cut back inside. He definately showed he can have his way with the offensive lineman in front of him which is more than what any of our other DTs have shown.

I was really impressed with the game. There were some mistakes for sure, but a lot of the guys I was unsure about really stepped up to the plate. Mike Goodson continues to be the best third-string running back on the planet, and Kenneth Moore looks more and more amazing every day. The defense played very well, and Pep was all over the place. The final score was definitely not indicative of how well the young guys played tonight. A big improvement over the Ravens game against a better football team.

Loved Jarrett's juke on that last WR Screen he caught. He definitely got himself open.

Goodson is a beast. Who is Johnathan Stewart?

Leonard looked like a starter. He was in the backfield well before anyone else on several plays, and almost simultaneously with the snap. He also looked every bit of 325 lbs. Great addition.

Dont forget Jarrett. He made that nice catch but then he ran a piss poor route. I think he showed why he should be on this team.

I definitely agree but one thing about Jarrett is that he seems so passive out on the field. He almost reminds me of Julius Peppers in a way, he takes some plays off and sometimes he doesn't really seem interested and then he makes a great catch on third and long. Its almost like he thinks he will just get by on his talent, but thats totally an assumption, he may be different.

And I remember Leonards first play too, he practically body slammed the guy in front of him, quickly jumped off and ran to the ball. I think after that they began to throw a lot of double team's his way which was good because it allowed Johnson and Brown to get so much pressure.

Watched Leonard a lot too, and saw some good things. Goodson? His value is self-evident.

Everette Brown and Corvey Irvin also showed up tonight. Good work from both.

I think both Moores will be number three on the depth charts at their respective positions.

I agree about Matt Moore but I'm fine with it. He will be able to sit back and learn and I think he definitely has the tools to be the guy in a few years. He may not be as polished as Chad Henne or someone like that but I think he definitely improved from last year and is beginning to trust his arm.

I thought Irvin was great as well, I was really kinda stunned at the rotation that was going on. We all thought Irvin wasn't doing well but in reality he is simply Lewis' backup while Favorite didn't even get in the game until the fourth quarter or so. I guess its pretty much Hayden/Leonard and Lewis/Irvin right now, which is good. I'm curious to see if they will sign someone else this weekend.

I was excited about Leonard's play too. Wish he could've gotten some reps with the first team this game. But they'll probably rotate him in with the regular games.

I'll tell you what, Captain has impressed the hell outta' me. The boy can open field tackle!! Doesn't stop until the whistle blows. And he's always wherever the ball is.

I need to see this game

But man did I shake and hold my head down when I watched the highlights of those missed tackles. I said myself I hope tackling wont be a problem this year cause we focusing too much on stripping when I commented on a D.Will pic breaking through somebody trying to strip him. WTF AT MEEKS

Archived