• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone worried about coaching decisions in 2015?

Hotsauce

​You just equated a decent play call to a receiver well suited for the play with bubble screen to Bersin. 

If that stretch gets any longer, it may snap. 

​Seattle's decision to throw the ball on the one, is still better than 95% of Shula's play calls. Our offense is successful in spite of him not because of him. 

Collectively the talent we have on the field is much greater than the talent we have on the sidelines coaching.

​Seems like your speaking facts, but someone isn't paying attention.  

​One cherry picked fact from a 1000 others is hardly something to focus on unless you have an agenda and only pick what supports you agenda.  I can pick just as many great plays from last year that worked.  What does that prove??

You have to use who you got.  Everyone knows you cover Olsen and Benjamin and make him throw to other guys who are not that good.  Again one play doesnt negate the other 1000.  You stretch is just as far with your cherry picking. 

​We had a clear deficiency in the redzone last season and to say playcalling was not a factor is just blind.  Not saying it's 100% the issue but a big chunk and to say it falls on execution...well I completely disagree.   

​Seattle's decision to throw the ball on the one, is still better than 95% of Shula's play calls. Our offense is successful in spite of him not because of him. 

Collectively the talent we have on the field is much greater than the talent we have on the sidelines coaching.

​hardly worth a response since there is nothing factual to respond to just a random opinion.

You have to use who you got.  Everyone knows you cover Olsen and Benjamin and make him throw to other guys who are not that good.  Again one play doesnt negate the other 1000.  You stretch is just as far with your cherry picking. 

It speaks for itself that player execution could have been better, but if you had to wait till like week 10 to see the first lob ball to Benjamin inside the redzone, then a case can be made against some playcalling.

​We had a clear deficiency in the redzone last season and to say playcalling was not a factor is just blind.  Not saying it's 100% the issue but a big chunk and to say it falls on execution...well I completely disagree.   

​And to say the playcalling was even half of the problem in the redzone without mentioning a lack of running game, injuries, lack of redzone weapons is ridiculous.  Know how many TDs Benjamin simply dropped in the endzone last year?  I do and that was purely execution.  Since you dont know what was called simply what was run which many times is based on what Cam audibles to in the redzone you dont know the facts.  The folks who do constantly talked about execution not playcalling last year.  Who should we believe, Rivera, for example or you??

Chud was a great play designer but not a great OC.  He was egotistical, more interested in promoting himself instead of the team, and got way too cute with all the read option stuff.  He totally limited what Newton could do and gave him little option to call his own plays or make adjustments.  Rumor was he didnt think Cam was able to read defenses and call the right plays.  If he were so great he would be an OC right now and he isnt.

Well everyone needs to be worried about in game decision making by this staff. If you aren't, you haven't been paying attention. 

If you think there is a single team that their coaching staff makes perfect in game decisions, then you haven't been paying attention. 

See what I did there?

It speaks for itself that player execution could have been better, but if you had to wait till like week 10 to see the first lob ball to Benjamin inside the redzone, then a case can be made against some playcalling.

​He threw a lob to Benjamin in the preseason.  Thee are plenty of things that legitimately you can complain about without making stuff up.

​And to say the playcalling was even half of the problem in the redzone without mentioning a lack of running game, injuries, lack of redzone weapons is ridiculous.  Know how many TDs Benjamin simply dropped in the endzone last year?  I do and that was purely execution.  Since you dont know what was called simply what was run which many times is based on what Cam audibles to in the redzone you dont know the facts.  The folks who do constantly talked about execution not playcalling last year.  Who should we believe, Rivera, for example or you??

I was trying to be fair with my assessment but alright.  We're fine in that department.  No issues. 

I'm not going to pretend I know every play that's going to happen and never claimed so...and you're getting defensive with someone trying to find common ground with you.  From my perspective, historically and from watching this team as a fan the past few seasons, Shula looks to have deficiencies.  I don't see what's wrong in saying that but alright, I'll take you're word.  Coaching is not an issue.   

Archived