• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone worried about coaching decisions in 2015?

Hotsauce

I'm only worried about our playcalling in the redzone, both offense and defense. If you look at the stats, that's where we were too weak last season. 

​No one feared our running game last season, and the red zone is where you get much tighter coverage and need that.  I don't have the stats handy, but I would be willing to bet a ticket and a tailgate this coming season that we improved in the red zone last year once our line solidified and we got Stewart in there.  

BTW, I'm only making that bet if you're female, hot, and single.  So forget about it SCP...

There are times it seems Cam calls his own plays...very infrequent but I think it happens from time to time.  Now that Cam has been in Shula's offense for some time do you think they ever give Cam free reign to call his own plays a la Manning, Brady, etc...or is he not ready for that step yet?  I have to believe it has to be just as effective or better than what Shula will be calling.

​Cam has options to adjust the play based on what he sees the defense so.  Sometime it is to call a different play all together or to adjust where the play is going or who is the primary receiver based on the defensive alignment.  In the hurry up he calls all the plays at the line of scrimmage. In fact he has a lot more input than he ever did under Chud.

If they gave Cam all this money to be a game manager under Shula, then they need to fire Shula.  Because that is the incorrect route to go with him.  

​When will you and other critics of Shula understand that this offense is the one that Rivera and Gettleman want Shula to run.  They like what he is doing and endorse his strategy which is why they don't criticize him or replace him.  If they wanted something different they could fire him, or demand he change the system.  They haven't done that for a reason.  Shula is not on the hot seat at this point from what I can tell, anymore than anyone else. 

I'm only worried about our playcalling in the redzone, both offense and defense. If you look at the stats, that's where we were too weak last season. 

​Playcalling wasnt the problem, execution was, on both sides of the field until late in the year.

Shula is who he is at this point, I think with the additions we've made on offense, we can manage with Shula.

The unknown factor right now, whether you want to admit it or not, is Rivera. Will that light finally come on, and stay on for him, or will he revert back to his conservative ways only to supposedly "learn his lesson" after it's already too late, again? This is his fifth season, if we want to win a Super Bowl, his game day decision making has to become consistently better, like immediately. I can only hope that he is improved this year.

Offensive play-calling has been an issue since Shula arrived. Say what you'd like about Chud's HC stint, but he was a great OC here and truly knew how to get the most out of Cam and the rest of the offense. Shula lacks that creativity and the offense goes to poo once we're in the redzone.

Pass to endzone get intercepted when you have Beastmode at the 1.  It sucks when it doesnt work for every team. Hardly negates the other 1000 plays.

​You just equated a decent play call to a receiver well suited for the play with bubble screen to Bersin. 

If that stretch gets any longer, it may snap. 

Shula is who he is at this point, I think with the additions we've made on offense, we can manage with Shula.

The unknown factor right now, whether you want to admit it or not, is Rivera. Will that light finally come on, and stay on for him, or will he revert back to his conservative ways again only to supposedly "learn his lesson" after it's already too late, again? This is his fifth season, if we want to win a Super Bowl, his game day decision making has to become consistently better, like immediately. I can only hope that he is improved this year.

​I agree - how much of the season had to pass by last year before Rivera put the right guys on the field ?  He is either too loyal to his " starters " and coaches ( you can argue that we lost 2 games due to special teams last year and Rivera refused to change until the seasons end ) ,  too stubborn to admit he was wrong, or maybe just  poor at seeing the big picture and putting it all together.

I like RR,  but I am not comfortable with Rivera as HC.

Archived