• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

I have no problem cheering for the young man. On third down, he is clutch. Gotta have someone that can do that. 

Can't always rely on the top talent. Can't force the football to the big guys all the time. 

I even have mo problem with him being the first read again.  With the other talent that will be out on the field, he could end up being ignored. 

The hate for him is off the charts. Hope you same pricks don't choke when your cheering on his catches this season. 

Karma is a bitch.

He caught 13 passes all year..  Where is this narrative coming from that he's clutch??  I need to see the stats that say every catch he made was a 3rd down conversion.. 

• Pie 1

I'd rather have Byrd. But bersin fits shulas MO catch the ball and fall down. We need YAC this year. I'm tired of the catch and fall down routine. Bersin is reliable tho IMO

​I wouldn't be upset at all if Byrd made it over Bersin. That would mean he has made a hell of a lot of progress, because Bersin is already well established.

But the thing with Byrd that people may not be so realistic about is how he will hold up physically in the NFL. He's a good bit smaller than even Corey Brown right now, who experienced his welcome to the NFL moments last year, and battled a few injuries as a result. We have to take this into account.

• Pie 1

He caught 13 passes all year..  Where is this narrative coming from that he's clutch??  I need to see the stats that say every catch he made was a 3rd down conversion.. 

Go look for them. Are we your personal assistant? 

Here you go:

11 of 13 were first down conversions.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-receiving-first-downs-and-first-down-percentage/2014/

Edited by csx
  • Pie 6

I  hate the idea of Bersin.. Here is why

1. He isn't and never will be a consistent starter or top 3 Wr.. He isn't good enough or talented enough  to cconsistently beat 1-2 level CB... So he isnt a replacement for Kb or  Funchess if a iinjury happens. 

2. He's ddoesn't  have eexceptional talent..  So you can design plays for him..  (eexample Percy Harvin) ...  So he might not be a eevery  down Wr's  but he does have a package of plays that ddefense hhave to worry about.. He is just a ppossession WR who ddoesn't get separation.. 

3. He isn't Karl Hankton..  He does not help sspecial  teams at all..  If you're going to be a 4th or 5th or 6th Wr you need to be a factor on special  team..  Be a gunner or returner or something ... 

He is a wasted roster spot... 

• Pie 2

1. He isn't and never will be a consistent starter or top 3 Wr.. He isn't good enough or talented enough  to cconsistently beat 1-2 level CB... So he isnt a replacement for Kb or  Funchess if a iinjury happens. 

2. He's ddoesn't  have eexceptional talent..  So you can design plays for him..  (eexample Percy Harvin) ...  So he might not be a eevery  down Wr's  but he does have a package of plays that ddefense hhave to worry about.. He is just a ppossession WR who ddoesn't get separation.. 

3. He isn't Karl Hankton..  He does not help sspecial  teams at all..  If you're going to be a 4th or 5th or 6th Wr you need to be a factor on special  team..  Be a gunner or returner or something ... 

Are you cold?

He ddoesn't have eexceptional talent.

Reads like you are shivering lol

Edited by teeray
  • Pie 1

​How many WR4s can you name that satisfy those three criteria?

​I'm sure DG will read and agree with your points, and cut him right away. 

if you're the 5th or 6th wr every season and you can't contribute to special teams, yes you are a waste of a roster.  I hope he does surprise and can contribute consistently. If not, this has to be his last year. Jerry fairy or not

Edited by ncmonzta
  • Pie 1

That's  where watching the games actually comes in handy. I don't have to turn to stats to remember the clutch third downs that he made. 

Most of all his catches were third down.

I watch the games and so him get beat up by CB and cause interception by not securing passes..  I also saw him get little to no yards after catch.. What did you see..