• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me about your idiosyncrasies.

pstall

I have a dive watch, and when I wear it, the Bezel must ALWAYS be set at 12. If it's set at 11:59, fug that, I gotta spin it all the way back around and set it at 12.

The inscription on my wedding band has to be right, side up when I put it on.

Cells in Excel have to be a whole number in width.

TV volume is always set in increments of 5. Although clearly that doesn't apply to car radio, because that's usually 11 to 13.

But the one I find to be the strangest: I'll spend 30 minutes deciding whether it's worth it to spend the extra money on the $24.99 pair of dress pants at TJ Maxx that I like versus the $18.99 pair that doesn't fit as well, on a pair of pants I'll wear for the next 3 years. But then after that I'll go to a bar and have no hesitation ordering another $6 beer that I'll piss out 20 minutes later.

I honestly don't know where to begin... I'm almost OCD on some things...

As mentioned earlier by others of you:

I have to pump gas to an even dollar amount

I like to face the most people in a sit down restaurant.

I turn all my cash the same way and it has to be in denominational order.

I throw out the end pieces of loaf bread.

Others:

Toilet paper goes over the top of the roll, not under the bottom of it.

If I get a plate of food to go or at a gathering, I don't like for the food items to mix or even touch each other.

If I am walking down a seamed or sectioned walkway, I always try to some how place my steps in the same general area of each section, so that I don't step on a seam.

I keep a $1 coin in my wallet so that I will never be truly broke.

I have an obsession with knowing the general cardinal direction I am facing/traveling.

I can't watch anything nowadays without saying "Oh that's _______ from _________" or "I've seen him/her in something else" and having to immediately pull up the IMDB app on my phone to confirm.

I can't watch anything nowadays without saying "Oh that's _______ from _________" or "I've seen him/her in something else" and having to immediately pull up the IMDB app on my phone to confirm.

These!  Ever since Charmin did that nationwide study to see whether people "roll over" or "roll under" my TP has had to roll over (it won the competition by the way.)  I've even changed it at other people's houses before.

For the IMDB thing, I have to read the trivia after I watch something.

What is the deal with going to a doctor on Tuesday?

It seems some of the worst moments happened on Tues so when it comes to a doc i won't even make an appointment on that day.

Used to have some more but a lot have gone out the window now that we have three kids ages 4 and below... no time to be particular.

• Cash in my wallet must be ordered by denomination from smallest to largest (a practical idiosyncracy) and all bills must be facing forward, right side up.
  • Shirts or t-shirts with loose or baggy collars are uncomfortable and will not be worn.
  • When driving by a cemetery, I turn my car stereo down as I figure the dead don't want to hear it.
  • My TV and sound bar have to be in exact square with the TV stand or it bugs me.

I turn down the radio during a funeral procession.

Cash in my wallet must be ordered by denomination from smallest to largest (a practical idiosyncracy) and all bills must be facing forward, right side up.

Cells in Excel have to be a whole number in width.

If I get a plate of food to go or at a gathering, I don't like for the food items to mix or even touch each other.

All of these belong to me too.

I have a built in solution to the heel on the loaf of bread, though.  It goes to the parrot.

Others...

- I alphabetize my clothes by color and separate them by casual, business, etc.

- I'm extremely OCD about my writing, one example being I absolutely hate when a paragraph ends with one word on a line by itself.

- The sound of running water soothes me, so I'll sit in my home bathroom with the shower running (or at work with the sink running).

- I have multiple clocks, and they all need to be synchronized to the second (off my atomic clock).

The clothing thing is facilitated by an odd shopping habit.  If I see a style of something I like at the store, I'll buy it in multiple colors.  This is most frequently done with shirts.

I shall never step on a seam during a walking.

If I avoid a pothole on the road, I will look back to see if the driver behind me is quick enough to avoid it. If they don't, I chuckle and call him/her noob.

My keyboard at work must be exactly in the center between my two monitors. I re-align it frequently. 

In the fridge, the beer must always be at the edge of the shelf, however many are left. 

If I leave tips, it is never rounded up to the nearest dollar. The tip is only full dollar amounts, and it bugs me when people do otherwise. 

I can never drink tea with the tea bag still in the cup.

Archived