• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disney/Universal Studios Pro Tips

Jimmy

Drove to Orlando yesterday with the wife and female spawn (my mini-me). We will be spending the next 4 days here hopefully having a blast.

Day 1: Universal Studios, more specifically Harry Potter World. This is more for my wife than anyone

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

Day 3: Epcot

Day 4: Haven't decided yet. Either Animal Kingdom, a second day at Epcot, or Hollywood Studios.

Besides the normal walk-around and seeing the sites and riding the rides what are some pro-tips I can use to get the most out of the trip. We brought our own food for breakfast in the hotel and snacks at the parks to save money.

And one Pro-Tip I will share: Take your Kureig and K-cups for the hotel room. It's small, easy to pack, and beats the hell out of the continental breakfast coffee. I thank my wife for this one.

What say you?

To me it would depend on how old the little one is. They might not really be into Epcot,  although in my opinion Epcot  is the best part at Disney world.  

I'd choose Animal Kingdom over Hollywood studios.  It's an amazing park and the closest thing you can get to a real safari without crossing the Atlantic. 

And as Chimera said look into the park hopper and see if it fits your family's needs. It can be a cheaper way to visit multiple parks and if you get a 3 day ticket it will be way cheaper than 3 single day tickets.

But yea you can technically do all of Epcot in a day and Hollywood studios is my least favorite ( although it's an awesome place) . But I'd pick Animal Kingdom over Hollywood Studios.

If you have time go to typhoon lagoon. Best Waterpark in the world 

I can't remember what they are called, but I think it's the "fast pass".

Use them...a lot.  Go get them in the morning and use them throughout the day.

I did't like Hollywood, but I really enjoy Epcot.  

Make sure you ride Soarin.

Thinking we may do Animal Kingdom instead of Holly Studios. Harry Potter stuff is pretty cool. The kid bought the Elder wand and has been stupefying people all day. The Escape from Greengots 3D ride was cool and so was the Hogwarts ride. Goal tomorrow is to wear my Roaring Riot short and get Mickey and Goofy to do the Supercam.

I can't remember what they are called, but I think it's the "fast pass".

Use them...a lot.  Go get them in the morning and use them throughout the day.

I did't like Hollywood, but I really enjoy Epcot.  

Make sure you ride Soarin.

This. Get the fast passes for the more popular rides so you aren't standing in line for > hour on a back top in 1000 degree weather. Ride the less popular rides while you wait on your fast pass. The last time I went we were with my mother in law who was in a wheel chair at the time and you get shuffled to the front of the line every time. That was the same trip we found out their are people in wheel chairs who you can pay to be your " friend" so you can skip the lines. Strange, but whatever floats your boat.

If you're doing both sides of Potter World you better get there early, it may not even be possible during busy season anyway.  I did it in Sept. one year and we got there early and was able to do everything, luckily.  Got a Voldemort wand, and everyone around me acted disgusted, was great.

You should go see Seaworld, always a good time there.

if ur going to universal, and money is no object, the express passes will make you trip more enjoyable.  Avoid the harry potter train, its not great at all.   Also they have a dining card for $20 which includes a meal & drink, snack, and another drink.  the outta control dinner show is inexpensive and alot of fun.  If your not sure what to do on your extra day, try Typhoon Lagoon water park.  Only park with a huge 6 foot wave pool.  I'm going to orlando in 3 weeks for a universal trip.

Just got back from universal. Harry potter world is off the chain. One thing to note on express passes is theyre not valid in harry potter world except for on the dragon coaster. Also if you have the time right next to hogsmeade in islands of adventure the poseidon guided tour is on point.

Just got back from universal. Harry potter world is off the chain. One thing to note on express passes is theyre not valid in harry potter world except for on the dragon coaster. Also if you have the time right next to hogsmeade in islands of adventure the poseidon guided tour is on point.

You liked Poseidon?  It was ok I guess.  Best part was when the lights were out in the beginning and some dude let go a vicious rip of a fart like no other.  Room smelled up so bad like 10 people excited from the side emergancy door lol.  I'm just standing there laughing so hard and my wife is giving me a confused look.   Why wasn't everyone else laughing?  Wierdos.

Archived