• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wolf of Wallstreet fuged me up last night

bLACKpANTHER

Holy Sh!t, what an epic film. I had like a small anxiety attack after the movie and couldn't go to bed til like 2am last night. It just really had me thinking about some crazy stuff in my life. I wasn't just able to watch it and say, "Hmm, that was a good movie." and go to bed. I had to self analyze where I was in society and how far down the totem pole I was and how to get up into that 1% of money- yada yada. Should I compromise myself to earn more- blah blah blah. Even if I work crazy hard, like 12-14 hour work days- would I even sniff what he made?

Anyone else seen it and have a similar reaction or am I a friggin weirdo?

Also, what did you think of the movie?

Meh it was good but a little drawn out. You have to remember a lot of his money came from luck and being in the right spot. Also, your mind has to be wired different, you have to be willing to be dirty and make illegal money. Making that money legally takes life dedication, still need luck and a lifetime of time.

I thought the movie kinda sucked. It was like Boiler Room and the Entourage movie had a retarded baby. 

A guy who got rich off of lying, embellishing and scamming dupes for a living, lied, embellished and scammed a rich actor into glorifying his 'life-story'. Everyone knows the hookers probably weren't anywhere near that hot, and the drugs weren't nearly as good as he says. He made a lot of money, but he didn't get to keep any of it, and now he's been relegated to the motivational speaking circuit, still trying to part fools from their money. 

And those fuging speeches, give me a goddamn break with those stupid fuging pep talks he would give his sales team. 

Kind of reminded me of the last time Leonardo DiCaprio got duped by a white-collar criminal: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2000/04/dana-giacchetto-hollywood-money-manager. 

At least we got to see Margot Robbie naked though.  

I thought the movie kinda sucked. It was like Boiler Room and the Entourage movie had a retarded baby. 

A guy who got rich off of lying, embellishing and scamming dupes for a living, lied, embellished and scammed a rich actor into glorifying his 'life-story'. Everyone knows the hookers probably weren't anywhere near that hot, and the drugs weren't nearly as good as he says. He made a lot of money, but he didn't get to keep any of it, and now he's been relegated to the motivational speaking circuit, still trying to part fools from their money. 

And those fuging speeches, give me a goddamn break with those stupid fuging pep talks he would give his sales team. 

Kind of reminded me of the last time Leonardo DiCaprio got duped by a white-collar criminal: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2000/04/dana-giacchetto-hollywood-money-manager. 

At least we got to see Margot Robbie naked though.  

you realize that there is a whole part of the movie in the beginning talking about the 3 different types of hookers they had, the high class ones, the regular ones, and the cheap and nasty ones. and it showed both the best (highest highs) and worst (being a POS, his friend almost dying) of drugs. what many critics missed was that the movie wasn't a glorification of his lifestyle, but a description of how he made it to the top, but it became too much and he fell all the way to the bottom. more of a cautionary tale stylized as glitz and glamorous lifestyle. 

you realize that there is a whole part of the movie in the beginning talking about the 3 different types of hookers they had, the high class ones, the regular ones, and the cheap and nasty ones. and it showed both the best (highest highs) and worst (being a POS, his friend almost dying) of drugs. what many critics missed was that the movie wasn't a glorification of his lifestyle, but a description of how he made it to the top, but it became too much and he fell all the way to the bottom. more of a cautionary tale stylized as glitz and glamorous lifestyle. 

Dude is a con artist. Anyone who buys into that movie being based anywhere near reality needs to check their head. 

Archived